MasterCam X3 Buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

thoughtlesskills

MasterCam X3 Buttons

Post by thoughtlesskills »

Just got my spacepilot, Navigation in MCAM works great but none of the buttons work. Tried a custom macro alt+f1(shortcut for "fit" in Mcam) still nothing, buttons work fine in windows. Also works fine in Sketchup. Another thing is that on the desktop the lcd reads any application, in Mcam it reads "any application - Hyphenator" hyphenator is my windows username. This is the only software I really want to use it for. Any help is appreciated.
thoughtlesskills

Der....

Post by thoughtlesskills »

Nevermind, much digging has led me to the answers i seek. Please delete thread.
Barbara

MasterCam X3 Buttons

Post by Barbara »

Glad you found the answer. Since the way the SpacePilot works varies depending on the application it is used in , the help/documentation is in a couple of locations.

Just in case someone else reading this wonders , the 'Any Application - Username' is correct for any of the applications such as MasterCam that do not come with specific profiles. Applications with plug-ins such as SolidWorks or with profiles such as Catia will have the application name as the default profile , the ' Application-Username' once a change is made.

Applications such as Inventor with profiles for more than one environment [ Assembly, Parts, Drawing] have profiles listed in the format 'AppName-Environment-Username'.

About the shortcut - when you map the keyboard combination to a SpacePilot key , if your shortcut works then the mapping has to work since it is just the same as pressing those keys manually.

For anyone doing it for the first time, 'macro' can sound more complex than it is. The 3Dxware Help shows the screenshots. Just follow the steps for entering the keys used in your shortcut in 'Custom Functions' and make up a name for it. That name is added to the drop-down list and can be mapped to your buttons.