3dxstd.dlu problem with Max 2010 and Space Explorer Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sage12

3dxstd.dlu problem with Max 2010 and Space Explorer Pro

Post by sage12 »

I am using the SE Pro in Win 7 64-bit, with Max 2010 SP1.

Installed the latest software yesterday, v3-12-2_r1029, and the control panel refused to load in Max.

Uninstalled and tried the previous release, v3-11-3_r955, and the control panel also refuse to load.. (I presume I downloaded this and didn't install... not used my SE for a good while.)

Uninstalled again, and tried an earlier version, v3-9-0, and it worked perfectly. Luckily, I keep all versions of the drivers I ever download, archived.

The fact that an earlier version worked fine, indicates that since moving to "release" versions, there has been an inherent problem with each version. Is this a known problem, and is there a solution?

The actual windows drivers seems to work fine, SE lights up etc... It just appears to be the .dlu file that is the problem.
UtaSH

Re: 3dxstd.dlu problem with Max 2010 and Space Explorer Pro

Post by UtaSH »

Hi sage12,

I am not sure to which versions you refer. Our latest driver is 3DxWare 10.5.10 and it includes the plugin for 3dsmax which is 3DxStudio version 6.2.7. 3DxSoftware 3.12.2 would be a driver from 2010. :?:
  • We would like to clarify that SpaceExplorer was discontinued in May 2013 and software support was maintained for three years. This means we continued to test the product with all new drivers until May 31st 2016.

After this date, we did not take any steps to stop SpaceExplorer working, but it is not tested with newer drivers. This means we do not list these drivers when you search for SpaceExplorer on the driver download page. However, if you download our latest 3DxWare driver (10.5.10) from our driver download site by searching for another product (I suggest SpaceMouse Pro or SpaceMouse Enterprise), there is a chance it will work fine with your SpaceExplorer and 3dsmax 2010. Please be aware that because SpaceExplorer is not tested with this driver we will not be able to offer further technical support (but we hope that is not necessary).