CadMouse Scrolling Issues 2018

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LukeXCV

CadMouse Scrolling Issues 2018

Post by LukeXCV »

Hallo everyone
For some days the mouse wheel has abnormal functioning.
scrolling seems to be very all over the place flipping up and down when you scroll

The mouse is in good condition, I was replaced not long ago for a similar problem, but related to the keys.
No mechanical problems.
My computer has windows 7, I have not done any updates.
The only attempt I made was to update the driver but nothing has changed.
I was wondering if there is any further information about it

3Dxware 10.05.10
3DxWinCore 17.5.10.15247
Cad Mouse (FW: 1.05)

Thanks
UtaSH

Re: CadMouse Scrolling Issues 2018

Post by UtaSH »

Hello LukeXCV,

I am sorry that you encounter problems with your CadMouse. I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and and start the replacement process if applicable.
popstn

Post by popstn »

I've tried contacting support twice using the form for the same scrolling issue. Never gotten a response.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I am sorry to hear that. :(

How did you contact them? Using our web form or by phone?
Were you using the same email address that you used to register to the forum? If not please send me a PM to let me know which email address you used when contacting our Technical Support Team.
JohanKraai

Post by JohanKraai »

Hello, I have the same problem with my brand new CadMouse.
When scrolling it zooms in the opposite direction every few scroll steps.
Also downloaded the newest driver but didn't helped.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello JohanKraai,

I am sorry that you encounter problems with your CadMouse. I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and and start the replacement process if applicable.
PQR

Post by PQR »

If you want to solve this problem instead of waiting for the invaluable responses from UtaSH, do the following:
- Open Device Manager / Mice and Pointing devices
- Right click on HID-compliant mouse
- Uninstall it
- Your cursor will disappear (Don't panic)
- Remove your CadMouse from your USB slot, and plug it in again
- Cursor will reappear, scrolling works fine again (mostly you don't even need to restart your computer)

This solution is taken from Microsoft Answers: Mouse scroll jumps up and down after Windows 10 Reinstall
Mercuriel

Post by Mercuriel »

Hello,

Exactly the same problem here.
When i'm scrolling, it always switch alone (without modification of my use way) between whell and free whell, it work, stop, reverse, accelerate...
very annoying. Oh also, the it add me 6 mouse HID in the device manager, but even after uninstalling each one of them, unplug-replug. the 6 mouse HID reapear, problem is still the same.

I got just one cadmouse and one spacemouse wired to my PC

Another problem, when i launch a streaming software (skype, slack, OBS or other) and start streaming or just doing screen recording, the mouse goes "offline" then "online" (unplug - replug sound) for 10sec then the pointer randomly stop moving (each 3-5 sec : average).

I would love to find solution for all of this... the devices cost a lot.
Have a great day everyone / 3dconnexion team. Respectfully.
Mercuriel

Post by Mercuriel »

The solution linked above (from microsoft answer, retranscripted by PQR) does not work.
And another thing i noticed. i just bought another mouse and plug it in addition, scrolling with the other mouse works fine.
So it is actually a cadmouse specific problem, not windows or user. i don't want to use a second mouse just for scrolling so
i expected a response from the team... but...

7 days since the last comment, does the 3d connexion team still exist or do we have to warn
potential future buyer on social media of those problem, and the absence of support service ?

Respectfully
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

I am sorry that you encounter problems with the scrolling of your CadMouse. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and and start the replacement process if applicable.
tboone81

Post by tboone81 »

hello, i have the same issue and did not receive and email when i summited a help request with the support team. has anyone found the solution to this?
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

by tboone81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:06 pm

hello, i have the same issue and did not receive and email when i summited a help request with the support team. has anyone found the solution to this?
When was the request put in?
Did you try calling the toll free number?
CDRDA

Post by CDRDA »

I have had this same issue after some time of owning a wireless CAD Mouse. The one I purchased originally developed the problem after 12 months or so, whilst the one I have now has only been 6 months approximately. With the first mouse I owned, I carefully took it apart and cleaned the scroll wheel mechanism as there was a lot of fluff caught around the spindle. After thoroughly cleaning, the wheel action improved, but not for long. After checking again for dirt caught in the mechanism, I could see none.

My new mouse is now exhibiting the same issues, randomly scrolling the opposite direction and sometimes going crazy zoom/scroll in either direction. This has seen much lighter use of the scroll wheel and button than previously. On the software side I have disabled smart scroll and that seems to have sorted that particular problem out, but the random scroll/zoom in opposite direction is still occurring frequently. I have yet to open this one up as I don't know if it would invalidate the warranty...

I noted from my original CAD mouse that the spindle is a hex shape and was not particularly tight to the hole on the sensor, I wonder if this is an inherent design issue with the spindle hex edges wearing down and slipping? That would be a shame as this is the best mouse for working I have ever owned. Or, it may just be that it is particular sensitive to any dirt, or dust getting into the mouse and that storage in the case that came with it is a must as soon as not in use.
EmKa

Post by EmKa »

Hello,
Please contact technical support via this form here - https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support-request/login/
We will replace the mouse with wheel issue. Our support team will guide how to do proceed it.
lpj608

Post by lpj608 »

I had the exact same issue, it seems to be a very common problem.

Have a look here how to fix it - https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... 74#p110974