3dxHome.exe fails to start

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Phil999

3dxHome.exe fails to start

Post by Phil999 »

on my netbook (Aspire One), 3dxHome.exe fails to start. The error windows says:
the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
This happens also with welcome screens of other programs. What resources do I need? Flash player? Shockwave player? Air?

Secondly, my netbook is - contrary to its name - not configured for internet access, so I need to have a redistributable download version of the resource that I can transfer with an USB stick. Does anybody know what I should do? I remember being able to get such a version, but now it seems I have to connect the netbook to the internet to download flash player.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Phil,

We don't have a netbook so you are on your own. 3DxHome uses .NET 2.0, which is quite old. You might try installing it, if you don't have it.

Jim
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Phil,

Does the regular Internet Explorer work on this machine?
Robert Stadie
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

Internet Explorer works. I forgot to say that the OS is Windows 7 x86, I think .NET 2.0 and higher is installed already.

It must be some other software or plugin that is missing, and I don't know which one. It's a system error, not a driver error.

I have an old installer for Flash player, but it is about a year old. Maybe someone can help me to get a recent version, I was unable to download an installer from Adobe. I want to install Flash, Shockwave and Air, just to be sure. As I said, there's problems with other applications too.
jwick

Post by jwick »

We don't use Flash there. Just .NET.
Barbara

3Dx Home StartUp

Post by Barbara »

I also have a netbook that is not usually connected to the internet - an MSI 110 running XP. 3XHome opens without a problem and I think there are a couple of possibilities for what may be different on your netbook.

I did connect it to the internet to install Net Framework2.0 and it's SP2 update.

Have you checked that the Windows firewall or other security application is not blocking the executables for 3Dxhome [ C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\3DxHome\3DxHome.exe] and the other programs where startups are not working correctly ?

Creating an exception in the Windows firewall is an easy enough thing to try and is a quick fix if something is being blocked. [Choose 'Allow program or feature through Windows firewall']
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

firewall is disabled, and IE is allowed to show content of any kind.

I think there is no obvious, logical explanation. I have two netbooks and had several installations on them (XP, Vista, W7), and they always behaved differently than a laptop or PC. I could write about all those details, but to sum it up, netbooks are different.

Thank you for your help. I think we can bury this topic. The Space Navigator works, that's the important thing.
jwick wrote:We don't use Flash there. Just .NET.
:) that's good!
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

problem solved. This 0xc000007b error appears to point to a corrupted Windows component. After a new installation of W7, 3dxHome.exe starts as expected.

Problem is with netbooks, you can't repair the OS with a USB stick, at least for me it did not work. Windows tells me that I first have to remove the USB device before repair, and the USB drive holds the installation disk - impossible.

So I installed everything from scratch, and everything works. It was difficult to find out what the error was, because it was only 3dxHome.exe and another application that gave me this 0xc000007b error, all other applications worked fine.
octa

Re: 3dxHome.exe fails to start

Post by octa »

I have the same problem on a HP with Windows 7 Home premium 64. The 3D Mouse Home doesn't work. What can I do?
ngomes

Re: 3dxHome.exe fails to start

Post by ngomes »

Hi octa,
I have the same problem on a HP with Windows 7 Home premium 64. The 3D Mouse Home doesn't work.
Do you see an error message popping up? If so, what is the message?