Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Mayauser

Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Post by Mayauser »

On the latest version of the driver, every time I try to change the button mapping for any program, the Buttons configuration window switches to 3DxSmartUi as soon as I click on it, so that I can't change any settings. My settings from the last version of the driver still work, and I can see them before I click in the window, but as soon as I try to change anything, it switches, and I can no longer access the settings for that app.

I really need to fix this, because I have a couple buttons I would really like to change. This is all with a SpaceMouse Enterprise on Windows 10 Pro.
UtaSH

Re: Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Mayauser,

please check if removing all existing settings as described here solves the issue.
Once you have verified that with new settings all is working fine you can get back your old configuration files one by one and see if one of them is the culprit.
Mayauser

Post by Mayauser »

Thanks, that fixed the problem. Unfortunately, none of my old button mappings seem to want to import now, but at least I can remap now, so just a minor annoyance. I appreciate it.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Mayauser,

I assume that your configuration files were created by a driver version some tima ago. I am sorry that you lost your button mappings. Good to hear that the issue is fixed now. :)
Mayauser

Post by Mayauser »

Yeah, I don't even remember how many versions ago I made those button layouts. Definitely an old driver's configuration.
okirchhoff1

Post by okirchhoff1 »

I'd like to re-heat this thread because I have the same problem of not being able to program the SpaceMouse Enterprise buttons for an application (SideFX Houdini in this case). Every time I try to click on the pull-down menu in the SpaceMouse button configurator UI, the application switches to "3DxSmartUI".

This is my first SpaceMouse on this computer. So, no older settings here, which might cause trouble.
The link "as described here" in UtaSH's response from Dec 7th, 2018 is dead.

What is the trick to see the application settings and being able to change them? How can I have several settings for the same application dependent of the mode/context the application is in?
luping

Post by luping »

okirchhoff1 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:44 am I'd like to re-heat this thread because I have the same problem of not being able to program the SpaceMouse Enterprise buttons for an application (SideFX Houdini in this case). Every time I try to click on the pull-down menu in the SpaceMouse button configurator UI, the application switches to "3DxSmartUI".

This is my first SpaceMouse on this computer. So, no older settings here, which might cause trouble.
The link "as described here" in UtaSH's response from Dec 7th, 2018 is dead.

What is the trick to see the application settings and being able to change them? How can I have several settings for the same application dependent of the mode/context the application is in?
2020-08-18_06h32_08.png
2020-08-18_06h32_08.png (190.3 KiB) Viewed 5601 times
Try this way.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Or try this link.