SpaceMouse Pro and Creo Issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SergeyG

SpaceMouse Pro and Creo Issues

Post by SergeyG »

Hello all,
I’ve started working on CREO 4.0, date code M060 using a Space Mouse PRO and now none of my view control buttons doesn’t work. However, the rotation lock button functions well. Maybe somebody had a similar problem and found a solution?
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse Pro and Creo Issues

Post by UtaSH »

Hello SergeyG,

the navigation for Creo is native to the application and will work with a 3Dconnexion device as long as the basic driver (3DxWincore) is installed. However, the plugin is necessary for Creo commands to be mapped to the buttons and for environment specific mapping. The information provided by selecting the "Info" button in the Auxiliary Applications window found in the Tools ribbon will show if the plugin has loaded.

Creo_auxapp.png
Creo_auxapp.png (20.18 KiB) Viewed 12485 times

Creo_info_button.png
Creo_info_button.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 12485 times

Creo_info.png
Creo_info.png (20 KiB) Viewed 12485 times
rn@b

Post by rn@b »

Hello,

I've started using Creo (7.0.4.0) in a new job. I have the same non-functioning orientation buttons with my Spacemouse Pro. Additionally the toggle rotation only toggles off; I have to open the 3Dx application to toggle rotation back on by filling the checkbox in the advanced tab. The auxiliary application 3DxProENGINEER is not running. Searching on here and the knowledge base for combinations of creo, plugin, auxiliary, application returns very few results, none of which helped me.

TIA,

Richard.
rn@b

Post by rn@b »

Further to my previous posting I managed to find sufficient information in the 3DxWare Admin Guide (Section7.3 of v1.7) to locate the required files and run them in Creo Auxiliary Application. Then update the configuration such that it loads this protk.dat file each time Creo starts. This sorts out the buttons, except Rotation toggle.

Rotation toggle is a one way event that disables rotation and I have to go into the 3Dx menu -> Advanced and fill the Rotation check box for it to be enabled again. 3DxWare version is 10.6.3.
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

Hello rn@b,

it might be because you have a much older version of our driver. I would recommend uninstalling 10.6.3 and installing 10.8.6 from our drivers page here: https://3dconnexion.com/us/drivers/

If you have any issues with the process, try contacting out support team.
Watu

Post by Watu »

Hi,

I am having same issues here. CreoPro 4 and have the latest drivers installed. Everything seems to be ok as I am running the application from the auxliary tool but when using the 3d connexion mouse, is not rotating, zooming etc, only side bottoms of the mouse work. Can anyone help me please?
Watu

Post by Watu »

SergeyG wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:34 am Hello all,
I’ve started working on CREO 4.0, date code M060 using a Space Mouse PRO and now none of my view control buttons doesn’t work. However, the rotation lock button functions well. Maybe somebody had a similar problem and found a solution?
I am having the same issue, did you fix it?
rn@b

Post by rn@b »

DavidV wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:27 am Hello rn@b,

it might be because you have a much older version of our driver. I would recommend uninstalling 10.6.3 and installing 10.8.6 from our drivers page here: https://3dconnexion.com/us/drivers/

If you have any issues with the process, try contacting out support team.
Thank you David, Updated drivers and appropriate Pro-toolkit change seems to have resolved. Sorry for the delay in reply; deskside support only just got onto updating the drivers this morning.