Spacepilot not working with 3ds max 2011 HELP!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

deadjimbo

Spacepilot not working with 3ds max 2011 HELP!

Post by deadjimbo »

hi. my space pilot was working fine with photoshop cs4 and max 2010. i installed max 2011 and upgraded my gfx drivers now it wont work with max at all, 2010 or 2011. but still works in photoshop. ive uninstalled the drivers and both max, cleaned the registry with ccleaner and reinstalled. still the same . i tried the copy the file and put it in the 2011 dir thing i found on here. still the same. help will be really appriciated! i wish i stuck with 2010.

Windows 7 x64
4gb ram
fx580
Photoshop cs4 x86 and x64
max 2010 and 2011 x86 and x64
spacepilot (square one) release ver: 3.8.2 driver ver:6.8.1 firmware ver: 3.12

please help, this has been going in a few weeks now.
ngomes

Re: Spacepilot not working with 3ds max 2011 HELP!

Post by ngomes »

Hi deadjimbo,
spacepilot (square one) release ver: 3.8.2
Try updating the software for your 3D mouse.
Nuno Gomes
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

ngomes wrote:Hi deadjimbo,
i have tried updating. that didnt work. i have uninstalled 3dconnection compleatly. run registry cleaner. installed the latest ver. still the same. so uninstalled again, reg clean, installed the old ver still not working. ran the update from within the soft ware, still the same. works with photoshop but not with max. :(
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

ngomes wrote:Hi deadjimbo,
i have tried updating. that didnt work. i have uninstalled 3dconnection compleatly. run registry cleaner. installed the latest ver. still the same. so uninstalled again, reg clean, installed the old ver still not working. ran the update from within the soft ware, still the same. works with photoshop but not with max. :(

i have uninstalled max twice, deleted the program folder, run reg cleaner, reinstalled. i no longer have 2010 on my pc now just 2011. i cant find the 3dsmax.ini to delete that. its the only thing i can think of left
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

release ver: 3.11.3
driver ver: 6.11.1
firmware ver 3.12
Divice type: spacepilot

work with everything but 3ds max. 2010 or 2011.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Are you running 3ds Max as administrator?
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

yes i right click and run as administrator and its still not responding.
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

to confirm, my spacepilot works with photoshop. i can use the new software play the tetris game that comes with the new soft.

but when i start max nothing happens, the screen on the spacepilot does not switch to 3ds max profile like it did before.

i used to be able to switch between photoshop and max and when i made the window active the name of the software in the active window would come up on the space pilot. but 3ds max has stopped communicating with my space pilot.

i have upgraded the drivers and soft for the space pilot. max runs as administrator. im banging my head against a brick wall. do i really have to reinstall my pc to get a mouse to work? :shock:
myql2000

Post by myql2000 »

same problem here but running XP64
Space Pilot doesn't work with Max2011
Tried everything,.no results :(

Frustrating thing is I have an Autodesk Subsription, that means the moment new releases are out I'll have it. Max 2011 has been out there now for a few months but still can't work with it 100% because SpacePilot mouse ain't working,. (yes I'm so used to it! a normal mouse alternative = :(). I don't want to sound negative but the moment this problem has been solved Autodesk will come with Max 2012 and the story starts all over again..

Would it be possible for you guys to make a deal with the devellopers at Autodesk to include 3DConnexion drivers each time they release new software?

cheers
Mike
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

i understand but mine wont work with 2010 any more either after i upgraded my drivers, 2010 stopped working with the space pilot. :x
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dead please perform a clean install of the driver.
Heres the link.:
http://kb.3dconnexion.eu/support/kb/?Vi ... EntryID=28
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

well i spent a good chunk of my friday eve following those instructions to the letter and it didnt work. max 2010 not working. :cry:
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

so, just to update. i have followed those instructions and my space pilot is working in photoshop but not 3d max. when i load max i now get the new 3d connexion popup telling me about a new menu but thr driver doesnt kick in. and 3ds max doesnt come up on the display.

i need some help with this please. :roll:
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

i wonder if one of the logitech staff could help me get this fixed since i have been kind enough to purchace one of their more expensive products. any i doesnt work anymore due to upgrading to thier latest drivers.

i have done a clean installation of your software . a clean installation of max 2010. the 3d connection driver recognises that max is open and gives me a popup box about a new menu but the mouse is not getting control of the viewport. as i said the mouse is installed and working with my photoshop. :x
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

deadjimbo,

Please try the following:

A) Close all applications
B) Stop the 3D Mouse driver (Start->Programs->3Dconnexion->3Dconnexion 3DxWare->Stop Driver)
C) Right-click on "Start->Programs->3Dconnexion->3Dconnexion 3DxWare->Start Driver" and select "Run as Administrator"

Does 3ds Max work after that procedure?
Robert Stadie