Spacepilot not working with 3ds max 2011 HELP!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Post by ngomes »

HI deadjimbo,
yes i right click and run as administrator and its still not responding.
I did not mean to suggest that you add to run Max as an administrator. Quite the contrary, programs should be run as a normal user (without elevated privileges).

My question was to see if you were running Max elevated. In this case, the driver (3DxWare) must also be run elevated but we do not recommend users to change the privilege level of any program.
deadjimbo

Post by deadjimbo »

rstadie wrote:deadjimbo,

Please try the following:

A) Close all applications
B) Stop the 3D Mouse driver (Start->Programs->3Dconnexion->3Dconnexion 3DxWare->Stop Driver)
C) Right-click on "Start->Programs->3Dconnexion->3Dconnexion 3DxWare->Start Driver" and select "Run as Administrator"

Does 3ds Max work after that procedure?
:D finally! thank you for taking the time to read through my mouse problems....

i would have been pulling my hair out if i had any. i dont get why it should be any differrent from upgrading my driver but to be honest as long as its working i dont really care.

thank you
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

It seems as the issue is that 3ds Max is started as Administrator. If you set 3ds Max to start with your usual privileges (which should be default!) you don't need to start the 3D Mouse driver as Administrator.

As ngomes stated earlier - programs like Max and the 3D Mouse driver should run without elevated privileges.
Robert Stadie