Rhino 6 Windows Rotate changes direction mid rotation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cairn

Re: Rhino 6 Windows Rotate changes direction mid rotation

Post by cairn »

This CAN and MUST be fixed.
The desired behaviour when rotating around the Z axis and passing through the XY plane is demonstrated if you select Forward/Backward for Zoom Direction, so it SHOULD also be possible with Up/Down selected for Zoom Direction. Why not?
Back in the day, with my first 3DX device, I managed to rewrite the 3DXware config file to re-map the device contols to the axes as I wanted. This is probably still possible, but the config files are now written in a different way in .xls format, and it is not clear which axes/controls are which.
@DEVS : Can you tell me which lines in the .xls config files relate to which axis and translation combo?
In truth, ALL possible (or at least usable) combinations of control movement and resultant view change should be exposed in the settings options. Why not?

Not giving up on this..
C:)
bbjelovuk

Post by bbjelovuk »

I just installed Rhino 7 Eval and noticed this strange behavior with the Spacemouse right away. I have been using Fusion360 on the Mac for the last 3 months or so, so this behavior jumped right out at me. I figured it was just some application-specific setting that needed to be changed, but it sounds like a deeper issue.

I am not tech-savvy enough to be rewriting config files, but I would love to know how to resolve this.
MagnusL

Post by MagnusL »

Not sure i should post this here and not sure it's the same rotational problem that occurs when rotating a model upside down in 3DCoat where at one point, I'm guessing up to 180 / -180 crossover, the controllers reverse and act in the opposite direction.

It's a bit annoying tbh