Spacepilot getting confused between Fusion 360 and Inventor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

d3m0

Re: Spacepilot getting confused between Fusion 360 and Inventor

Post by d3m0 »

After some research I found in this forum that Autodesk didnt let to use spacepilot in actual version of Fusion360. Is anybody here still using it?

Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

d3m0 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 am After some research I found in this forum that Autodesk didnt let to use spacepilot in actual version of Fusion360.
That is factually incorrect.

Autodesk went out of their way to support legacy driver interfaces to ensure compatibility with old devices in Fusion 360. Specifically, Fusion 360 has a user-configurable option in "Preferences > General > SpaceMouse driver" allowing the user to select between "Legacy" (for very old drivers) and "Latest".
Nuno Gomes
d3m0

Post by d3m0 »

Thanks, I’ll try it
Athom

Post by Athom »

I have the same problem with Fusion and Space Pilot.

It helps for me to make "Design" - "Design".

Thank you jwick for your help!
jwick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 am I'm working with Fusion 360 at the moment for something else. That AdcefWebBrowser (aka Inventor) component is rather annoying. It seems to be the active executable until I open/create a part. I may need a way to handle that.
Have you find any other solution with this?

Is it possible to combine Config files from version 10.4.10 with latest available version of driver?
Or maybe newer firmware for Space Pilot? I have FW 4.05
jwick

Post by jwick »

10.4.10 to a current release is a big step. The driver probably won't do that correctly.
Send me your old files and tell me what version you want to run. I'll convert the manually for you.
Athom

Post by Athom »

Nothing special, just make more modern driver set for unsupported device. Mabe its possible by "small blood".
Jkrivov

Post by Jkrivov »

Hello, I am also having issues with getting my space pilot sp1 to work with fusion 360.

Has anyone managed to get this issue sorted out?
jemccloud9

Post by jemccloud9 »

ngomes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:28 am
d3m0 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 am After some research I found in this forum that Autodesk didnt let to use spacepilot in actual version of Fusion360.
That is factually incorrect.

Autodesk went out of their way to support legacy driver interfaces to ensure compatibility with old devices in Fusion 360. Specifically, Fusion 360 has a user-configurable option in "Preferences > General > SpaceMouse driver" allowing the user to select between "Legacy" (for very old drivers) and "Latest".
Thank you so much for your help with this. It was driving me crazy.