3DS Max move locked camera

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ikonoform

Re: 3DS Max move locked camera

Post by ikonoform »

I’m currently beta testing a new driver where it seems to be fixed. So far so good, but want to try a couple more projects with it.

Hopefully that instills some calm :)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

We have released version 10.6.8 of 3DxWare 10 with a fix for WIN-655 and a few other issues affecting the solution for 3ds Max.

The software is available from here.

A big "thank you" from all of us in Engineering to those of you that reported the issues and assisted us in getting the fixes in place. Your help was very much appreciated.
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

And a big thank you for the quick turn around on this. Really nice to experience speedy development on this issue now compared to the past. Seems customer relations have gotten a nice lift :)

Cheers!
tehamnes

Post by tehamnes »

Moving locked cameras in 3dsmax 2021 are back in driver 10.7.0.3248. I hope u will fix this soon. Merry Xmas!

(Spacemouse wireless)
tehamnes

Post by tehamnes »

Sorry! It works Ok with target of camera locked :D
Cllaymenn

Post by Cllaymenn »

There is another problem that I reported via email about a year ago.
in 3ds max (no matter if 2019/20/21) and Corona Render (no matter which version), after installing your drivers (no matter which version, even the newest) Corona Camera (regular camera or vray camera works ok) starts to go crazy every few or a dozen or so seconds ... Viewport with the camera changes from time to time to perspective for 1 second and returns, sometimes several times a minute. And other problems with Corona Camera when manipulating with its 3D controller. Problems happen even without a 3D controller connected to the computer. The problem is identical in the current version of 3ds max 2021.3 Corona 5 Hotfix 2 and drivers 10.7.1. The problem is so harmful that it is impossible to work on a rare architectural scene (and the Corona Render engine is one of the most used in architecture) and to work you need to disconnect the device and uninstall all drivers. That is why your controller has been lying in my closet for a year and is dusty .. The situation was identical on the previous computer with the older version of Windows 10. On the new graphics station, with the latest Win 10, it is identical.
Cllaymenn

Post by Cllaymenn »

ngomes wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:22 am We have released version 10.6.8 of 3DxWare 10 with a fix for WIN-655 and a few other issues affecting the solution for 3ds Max.

The software is available from here.

A big "thank you" from all of us in Engineering to those of you that reported the issues and assisted us in getting the fixes in place. Your help was very much appreciated.
There is another problem that I reported via email about a year ago.
in 3ds max (no matter if 2019/20/21) and Corona Render (no matter which version), after installing your drivers (no matter which version, even the newest) Corona Camera (regular camera or vray camera works ok) starts to go crazy every few or a dozen or so seconds ... Viewport with the camera changes from time to time to perspective for 1 second and returns, sometimes several times a minute. And other problems with Corona Camera when manipulating with its 3D controller. Problems happen even without a 3D controller connected to the computer. The problem is identical in the current version of 3ds max 2021.3 Corona 5 Hotfix 2 and drivers 10.7.1. The problem is so harmful that it is impossible to work on a rare architectural scene (and the Corona Render engine is one of the most used in architecture) and to work you need to disconnect the device and uninstall all drivers. That is why your controller has been lying in my closet for a year and is dusty .. The situation was identical on the previous computer with the older version of Windows 10. On the new graphics station, with the latest Win 10, it is identical!