3DxWare stopped unexpectedly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ben_r_

Re: 3DxWare stopped unexpectedly

Post by ben_r_ »

jwick wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 am Hi ben_r_,

Did you notice if the device was jerky in all applications or just Solidworks?

Jim
Unfortunately I currently only use my two SpaceMouse with Solidworks and PrusaSlicer and both had the issue. Also, I would call it "jerky" exactly, but more if I wiggled the SpaceMouse around in all directions a whole lot, maybe 1-5% of those movements would actually register in the application and move the object.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ben_r_ wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:31 am Also, I would call it "jerky" exactly, but more if I wiggled the SpaceMouse around in all directions a whole lot, maybe 1-5% of those movements would actually register in the application and move the object.
This can happen straight after the driver installation but the system would have asked the user to reboot.

Another explanation is radio noise forcing constant retransmissions but you mention that going back to 10.7.4 fixes the performance problem.

So, you have rebooted, I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
Erik Huizing

Post by Erik Huizing »

Had an issue with the latest driver (10.8.2) on my SpaceNavigator and SolidWorks. When loading the user profile the movement freezes/stutters.

When I used the option "Reset all settings" the smooth movement came back completely. Looks like loading the "older version" personal settings xml file is initiating the problem. The SpaceNavigator does not have this may settings, however can imagine you want to recover the settings from previous file when for instance the Spacemouse Enterprise is used.
antonio.soares

Post by antonio.soares »

I'm having a related issue in Windows 10 and Solidworks Makers Edition:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

As soon as I start Solidworks it crashes 3Dxware.

I followed the steps in the beginning of the post to generate a log file and wonder if any of the admins can help.

Kindest regards,