3dconnexion properties no application selected

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeu

3dconnexion properties no application selected

Post by Jeu »

Hi all,

I just installed the 3dconnexion software for windows 10 for the Cadmouse Wireless. I already had Fusion 360 installed. If I open the 3dconnexion properties window the message "no application selected" is given at the top of this window. I can't find a solution for this. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 3DxWare64_v10-6-5_r3156.exe software but the message keeps coming.

Thanks,

Jeu
UtaSH

Re: 3dconnexion properties no application selected

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Jeu,

this message is displayed when in fact no 3Dconnexion device was recognized.
Which device are you using?
Can you see the device in the device manager?
kb9ydn

Post by kb9ydn »

I'm having the same problem with a Space Explorer (yes, I know it's old and unsupported). It is shown in the device manager under Human Interface Devices, but is totally unresponsive in Fusion, Solidworks, and even the 3Dconnexion viewer. The panel button doesn't even work.

C|
Jeu

Post by Jeu »

Hi UtaSH,

I wanted to use the Cadmouse Wireless (the portable one) in Windows 10 under Parallels Desktop on my Mac but that's just not possible.
The reason for that was that I experienced a lot of problems with the software and the mouse on my Mac. So I wanted to test if the Windows
version was doing OK. Tonnight I got it to work temporarily but the connection via the Universal Receiver, which is connected to my Mac, isn't
functioning permanently. Sorry, my mistake. Thanks for your reply though.

Jeu
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

kb9ydn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:08 pm I'm having the same problem with a Space Explorer (yes, I know it's old and unsupported). It is shown in the device manager under Human Interface Devices, but is totally unresponsive in Fusion, Solidworks, and even the 3Dconnexion viewer. The panel button doesn't even work.

C|
Hi kb9ydn,

your SpaceExplorer is not supported with 3DxWare 10.6.5 as it is a legacy device. See here. You need 3DxWare 10.6.4 which you can download in the driver archive.
kb9ydn

Post by kb9ydn »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:57 am Hi kb9ydn,

your SpaceExplorer is not supported with 3DxWare 10.6.5 as it is a legacy device. See here. You need 3DxWare 10.6.4 which you can download in the driver archive.
Oh, interesting! I thought the last official driver release for it was much older than that. Right now I'm on 10.4.10, which works well enough but has one weird issue (with Solidworks) that I'm hoping might be fixed in the newer driver releases. I'll try out 10.6.4 then.

Thanks
C|
bozersky

Post by bozersky »

hello, are there any solutions? having the same problem for cad mouse wired. under device manage 3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator is listed.
Attachments
Capture no app selected.PNG
Capture no app selected.PNG (34.9 KiB) Viewed 6661 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello bozersky,

your device is not recognized by the operating system. I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team.