3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

s.o.rays.3d

Re: 3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Post by s.o.rays.3d »

ngomes wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:59 am
Stigert wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:37 am Any update on this? Will it ever be fixed?
Since you linked to the WIN-620 discussion, you may be referring to the navigation mode switch to "target camera".

The switch is by design: if the view is orthogonal, a camera cannot move around the scene. In other words, "moving around" a scene requires the view to be set to perspective. If the view is non-rotatable, then the SpaceMouse can pan and zoom the scene.

If you wish to confirm, check the view properties and confirm the view is set to perspective. If you are running a command that switches the view from perspective to orthogonal and then you touch the SpaceMouse, then the navigation mode will switch automatically to "target camera".
but why is SpaceMouse don't switch back to "camera mode" automatically when back to perspective mode????
and why speed of SpaceMouse is chaotically changing in 3ds max? can you add function (constant speed)????
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

s.o.rays.3d wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:35 am but why is SpaceMouse don't switch back to "camera mode" automatically when back to perspective mode????
The "target camera mode" is the navigation mode of choice for some of our customers. If the navigation mode was to automatically change when the perspective setting changed, then we would be back on the same problem again and this time affecting even more end-users.
and why speed of SpaceMouse is chaotically changing in 3ds max? can you add function (constant speed)????
Is this in "camera mode" or some other mode? In "camera mode", the software tries to adapt the speed to the size of speed, going faster if it is a wider scene like a field or city and going slower if the camera is inside the room. In certain cases, like when the looking out of a window, the speed may be faster than expected.
puananiila99

Post by puananiila99 »

it will still randomly switch around regardless of if I leave it on, just not as much as right after turning it on. Any way I can fix this?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

puananiila99 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:22 pm Any way I can fix this?
Can you give us a scenario when this happens? We'd like to understand what you're seeing since the navigation mode is not constantly changing for us, of course.
taareni9

Post by taareni9 »

i do really appreciate you are working on the new release, unfortunately we have moved the whole workflow for 10 people using 3dconexxion space mouses to m2019, vray next... there isnt a way back to 2015 now
taareni9

Post by taareni9 »

I doubt it's an advancement as it is right now. It would be so if there would be an option to leave the old way of working through options.
hellodear.in

teatv download
debbio

Post by debbio »

ngomes wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:26 am The "target camera mode" is the navigation mode of choice for some of our customers. If the navigation mode was to automatically change when the perspective setting changed, then we would be back on the same problem again and this time affecting even more end-users.
This is really annoying to the point I am really not advising people to buy this product anymore and considering selling it myself. Can't we just have an option to switch it back (as a separate option, you can not select it if you so wish)? Alternatively may I suggest to have an option so the 3d mouse just does NOT work in orthogonal mode?

Unfortunately it is not realistic to just ask users not to touch it in orthogonal view, I tried but inevitably I eventually do it by mistake...and back to the menu again.

Thanks
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

I have 10.8.11 and 3DS Max 2023 and this is still happening.
Is there a solution?

By "this" I mean that even when I set 3DxWare to "camera mode" eventually it goes back by itself to "target camera mode".

If there's no built in solution, can I change this permanently to stay on "camera mode" or trick the software to use "camera mode" even if "target camera mode" is selected?
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

Hello?
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

I just found a way to easily replicate this.
Install the script "copitor".
Every time you copy an object and the viewport redraws, the option in the 3DConnexion app for the type of camera switches back to "target".
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

Actually nevermind. It happens every time I switch from one viewport to the other.
This needs to be fixed.
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

Did anyone get this working?