Fusion 360 2D drawings mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jgroeli

Fusion 360 2D drawings mode

Post by jgroeli »

Hi All -
Apologies if this has already been requested elsewhere, but does anyone know how to create a way to use a 3D mouse in Fusion 360's 2D drawing mode? I'm looking for pan and zoom functionality. Autodesk doesn't support it, and reading the posts below, it doesn't seem like a high priority to them.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-3 ... p/5952928
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-3 ... p/6502859

I have come across a project by Brayden Aimar that seems to be working on this using custom config files, but I have not been able to get it to work for me. I understand that the AcCoreConsole.xml file is key, but don't know how to configure it and more importantly how to debug it. This profile also looks to be for an enterprise spacemouse, which most people don't have. I'm looking for something that just takes care of moving around to start off with, and would work with any basic spacemouse.
https://github.com/braydenaimar/Fusion3 ... se-Config

I've also see the other approaches to use the spacemouse as a 2d mouse / joystick, but then I wouldn't be able to use the mouse at the same time, correct?
https://www.3dconnexion.co.uk/forum/vie ... 928d469b25

Current default navigation in Fusion 360 drawings maps tilt forward and back to zoom in and out. Ideally that could be remapped to lifting up and pushing down on the spacemouse.

Default panning is done with a middle-click and drag motion on the mouse. Ideally that could be mapped to pushing the spacemouse forward/back and left right.

Orbit on the spacemouse would be disabled.

Does anyone know how to create such a profile? Even if there were limitations, this would really help out the entire Fusion 360 community.

Thank you!
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jwick

Re: Fusion 360 2D drawings mode

Post by jwick »

That GitHub project is very impressive. Not only does me map lots of buttons/menus, he even provides the icons from the application. And he has updated it to use the latest cfg format. (((You have to be using a recent driver to use his files.)))
**Edit: No, the cfg files are the older version. They would have to be updated. The driver might do that for you.**

His cfg file is for a SpaceMouse Enterprise. But you can make the same assignments for any device using our GUI. I didn't see where he assigned the axes to do anything though.

There are two issues with making this work (as it seems that Autodesk can not spend time on it).
1) Determining when F360 is in Drawing mode and when it is 3D mode. This determines the cfg file to use.
2) Determining what to do to make it move the way you want.

Which cfg to use: I haven't looked at it, but it seems that Brayden found that the AcCoreConsole.exe executable is in focus when Drawing mode is enabled. This seems unlikely to me.

Making it move: There are three possibilities with different quality levels:

1) KB emulation. Many applications allow some manipulation with arrow keys. The driver can send those, but it isn't very smooth. And realistically, it can't do more than one movement at a time. There isn't much in the way of rate control. It can only press the buttons so fast/slow.

2) Mouse emulation. As is normal, it sounds like F360 supports the mouse movement with various modifier keys. The driver can also generate those. But your cursor is going to move all over the place. It's pretty annoying.

3) Autodesk seemed to suggest there is a Python interface or some other API available. Sometimes, though rarely, those APIs turn out to work very well. They are often designed to actuate commands, not do real-time movement.

More than likely the only way to get it to work extremely well is to have Autodesk do it, as they have done for 3D. Like most companies, they seem resource constrained, and not enough people have requested it to modify their plans.
Intuos

Post by Intuos »

jgroeli wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:44 pm Hi All -
Apologies if this has already been requested elsewhere, but does anyone know how to create a way to use a 3D mouse in Fusion 360's 2D drawing mode? I'm looking for pan and zoom functionality. Autodesk doesn't support it, and reading the posts below, it doesn't seem like a high priority to them.
You might want to have a look at this ideastation post. Although the Fusion 360 Ideastation is now closed and replaced by the Feedback hub, you can still cast your votes. Last time I checked, this request was within the top 3 pages for most liked requests, so it is definitely on their radar. It is important to note that Fusion is a relatively new piece of software and that it is still under heavy development. Core functionality is added every month (or two) and many projects are on the roadmap. The team has recently been expanded, but for sure, this will have a higher priority than 3d party peripheral support.

An important nuance for this topic is this: What's New in Fusion 360 Design & Engineering – March 2020. With the introduction of this functionality, you would need to check whether 3D sketching is enabled before you want to invoke 2D navigation only. All I am saying is that it's blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D sketching from a user perspective. Someone experienced with 3D mice and an understanding of Fusion could help you further.

That said, many keyboard shortcuts are missing, you won't be able to map them using the 3dconnesion GUI. It is quite buggy in the sense that once default buttons in the GUI, such as the button to disable rotation (which is the one you are after) can be remapped to something else and will then no longer be selectable from the GUI. Same goes for view navigation buttons to go to home view/ front, left, right, etc (has been atleast a month or two since I last tested these). Also, once rotation is disabled, you won't be able to undo it for some reason, it is afffecting navigation negatively as it stands.
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

@all - I'm sorry for my delayed response. I guess I had notifications turned off and didn't come back here to check for a while.

@Intuos
- Thanks for your feedback. I'm actually looking to use my spacemouse in Fusion's "DRAWING" mode. It already works well for me in the "DESIGN" mode. The new and improved 3D sketching in DESIGN mode is great, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

@jwick - Thank you for your detailed reply.

Re which cfg to use:
It's a bit strange, but AcCoreConsole.exe is actually the exe focus when using Fusion's drawing mode. I've confirmed this with some testing.

Re making it move:
KB emulation
This does not seem feasible since I can't find any KB navigation in the app and hotkey assignment functionality is limited.

Mouse emulation
This seems the most likely option right now. I'd be willing to give that a go. Basically it's a middle-click and drag that needs to be mapped to the spacemouse.
Maybe there's a way to hide the cursor before a spacemouse move happens, and then put it back where it started and show it again when the spacemouse move ends?

API / Python
I had a look at the API documentation and found that it only covers 3D "DESIGN" mode. The API for drawing mode has not been published and there are forum requests and people voting for and asking for this.

Autodesk doing it themselves
Yes that would be ideal, but they are working on so many other things that drawings tend to get left behind because they're less flashy. Hopefully they get around to it eventually. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I wonder if the following would be possible, using a cfg file. Please see below code for what I have so far. The current cfg ends up mapping all 6 axes zooming in/out. I'm not sure why, because the rotation axes look disabled to me. It just takes me a lot of trial and error make a change/reload/test and I can't tell if I have a coding error before testing.
  • Ideally zoom in/out should only happen for lifting/pushing down the controller knob.
  • Push knob left/right would ideally be mapped to panning with a mouse middle click and drag.
  • Push knob away/closer would ideally be mapped to panning with a mouse middle click and drag.
  • All 3 of the rotation axes can be disabled.
If the mouse "middle-click and drag" reassigned panning is too painful then maybe just finding a way to set up the 2 quickzoom thumb buttons on my cadmouse would be great too, because it'd lead to less panning with the mouse.
How would I set that up in the cfg file?

Thanks again for your feedback and my apologies again for the delayed reply. If we can get something figured out here I'll be sure to share with Fusion 360 community.

Best regards

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AppCfg Default="false" xmlns="" CfgFormatVersion="1.2" ThisFileVersion="1.10">
  <AppInfo>
    <Signature>
      <Name>Fusion 360 Drawings v2</Name>
      <ExecutableName>AcCoreConsole.exe</ExecutableName>
    </Signature>
    <Options />
  </AppInfo>
  <CfgProperties>
    <InheritsFrom>STR_DEFAULT_KMJ</InheritsFrom>
  </CfgProperties>
  <Settings>
    <OverallScale>1.42</OverallScale>
  </Settings>
  <Devices>
    <Device>
      <Name>Standard 3D Mouse</Name>
      <VendorID>0</VendorID>
      <ProductID>0</ProductID>
      <InheritsFrom>Standard 3D Mouse</InheritsFrom>
      <AxisBank>
        <Name>Default</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_X</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Wheel</ActionID>
            <Modifiers>
              <Modifier>Shift</Modifier>
            </Modifiers>
            <Scale>5.00</Scale>
            <Reversed>true</Reversed>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Y</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>3.70</Scale>
            <Reversed>True</Reversed>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Z</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Modifiers>
              <Modifier>Control</Modifier>
            </Modifiers>
            <Scale>1.00</Scale>
            <Reversed>false</Reversed>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rx</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Reversed>true</Reversed>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
      </AxisBank>
      <AxisFilter>None</AxisFilter>
    </Device>
    <Device>
      <Name>CadMouse Wireless</Name>
      <VendorID>256f</VendorID>
      <ProductID>c651</ProductID>
      <ButtonBank Default="true">
        <Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_5</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>KB_Shift</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
      </ButtonBank>
    </Device>
  </Devices>
  <AuthorInfo>
    <DriverVersion>17.6.0.16266</DriverVersion>
    <LastChange>
      <Tool>3DxSmartUI.exe</Tool>
      <Version>1.2.19147.16250</Version>
      <Date>12/21/2019 4:55:59 AM UTC</Date>
      <User>Julian Groeli</User>
    </LastChange>
  </AuthorInfo>
</AppCfg>
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

Hi All,

I've managed to cobble together a cfg file at gets me part of the way there, and it's already way better than just working with a 2D mouse. Panning works great and smooth. Zooming is a bit choppy, so I'm trying to play with scale to improve it. Maybe response curve can help, but these are minor issues.

The main remaining issue is that once this cfg file is loaded, it takes over and doesn't get disabled when Fusion's 2D drawing mode loses focus. It's probably to do with the hard grab property, but I'm not sure how to modify it.

Does anyone know how to adjust that?

Thank you!

<AppInfo>
    <Signature>
      <Name>Fusion 360 Drawings v3</Name>
    </Signature>
    <Options />
  </AppInfo>
  <CfgProperties>
    <Grab>Hard</Grab>
  </CfgProperties>
  <Settings>
    <ResponseCurve>1</ResponseCurve>
    <ScaleX>1</ScaleX>
    <ScaleY>1</ScaleY>
    <ScaleZ>.5</ScaleZ>
  </Settings>
  <Devices>
    <Device>
      <VendorID>0</VendorID>
      <ProductID>0</ProductID>
      <AxisBank Default="true">
        <Name>STR_DEFAULT_BANK</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_X</ActionID>
            <Modifiers>
              <Modifier>MiddleMouse</Modifier>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Y</ActionID>
            <Modifiers>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
		<Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
		<Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
		<Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
      </AxisBank>
    </Device>
  </Devices>
  <AuthorInfo>
    <LastChange>
      <Date>3/22/2020 7:24:32 PM UTC</Date>
    </LastChange>
  </AuthorInfo>
</AppCfg>
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

Also, with the above cfg:
When I quit Fusion 360's drawing mode (by closing all open drawings) the 3dx menu does show other cfg's being loaded, but when I'm back in 3D mode, the regular 3D navigation doesn't work.

I saw on another post that the grab function can be enabled and disabled with a keystroke. Is this the only way to do it, or can it be enabled and disabled by bringing a program (in this case Fusion360's drawing mode) into focus?
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jwick

Post by jwick »

jgroeli,

That's progress. You definitely are earning an advanced certificate in cfg editing.

The Zoom function is often not very smooth. It depends on the app. Sometimes apps support many zoom (scale) levels. Sometimes only a few. Web apps in particular are often limited.

The <Grab>Hard</Grab> is responsible for being stuck in 2D mode. There are a couple of approaches:

1) Edit the text: Hard->None->Hard->None... There is a built in function to do that for only one cfg, the Desktop cfg. For arbitrary cfgs, it could be done with a small vbscript or your favorite scripting language. You can even copy one complete file over the other. Just that string needs to change.

2) If you are willing to switch manually,
A) you can move your settings to the Desktop cfg file and switch in and out of that.
B) If Fusion360.exe is still in focus when you are in 2D mode, you can add an AxisBank to your Fusion360 cfg. Then use a button to switch to and from it.

I'm questioning why the Hard Grab is there though. If AcCoreConsole.exe is actually in focus, you would not need the Grab.

You are working with a slightly older driver version (17.6.0). The CfgFormatVersion (1.2) has changed for recent drivers (1.3). If you upgrade, your files should be converted for you (if they are in AppData). But you can't go backwards to the older version, should you wish to. The driver doesn't know how to downgrade files.
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

Hi jwick,

Thank you for your feedback! I now have it working well, using the two cfg files below. I tried to attach them, but the forum didn't like them. There are some known issues with this approach, but overall being able to use my SpaceMouse creates a much better experience working on drawings in Fusion 360.

Changes to AcCoreConsole.xml
- removed hard grab
- added a small deadband to zooming
- added a default button shortcut to make the "fit" button send a double middle click
- added a few button shortcuts for fun, via the GUI

Added a Fusion360.xml
- specified a default AxisBank
- added a button shortcut for fun, via the GUI

Current functionality:
- smooth 2D panning around drawings
- somewhat jerky, but still usable zooming in and out of drawings
- automatic loading of the 2D navigation configuration for drawing mode
- automatic loading of the 3D navigation configuration for design mode

Known issues:
- The mouse moves while panning. If the mouse moves out of the drawing window while panning you have to move it back with the regular 2D mouse.
- Fusion has a hard-coded keyboard short cut to "zoom to fit" on double click of the middle mouse button. This can be accidentally triggered by two very short panning moves.
- If configuration files are edited in a text editor (eg notepad++), with the 3Dx service stopped but Fusion 360 still running, the 3D navigation mode does not work (no movement) once the 3Dx service is restarted. Once Fusion 360 is restarted it works again.

To do:
Update driver and update these configs to 1.3. The 1.2 versions are posted below if someone needs them.

Do you have any other comments before I post the Fusion 360 forums?

Thanks again for your help.

AcCoreConsole.xml

<AppInfo>
    <Signature>
      <Name>Fusion 360 Drawings v3001</Name>
    </Signature>
    <Options />
  </AppInfo>
  <Settings>
    <ResponseCurve>1</ResponseCurve>
    <ScaleX>1</ScaleX>
    <ScaleY>1</ScaleY>
    <ScaleZ>.5</ScaleZ>
    <OverallScale>1.00</OverallScale>
  </Settings>
  <Devices>
    <Device>
      <VendorID>0</VendorID>
      <ProductID>0</ProductID>
      <AxisBank Default="true">
        <Name>STR_DEFAULT_BANK</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_X</ActionID>
            <Modifiers>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Y</ActionID>
            <Modifiers>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
            <Deadband>30</Deadband>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>false</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
      </AxisBank>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_2</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>Macro_DoubleClickMiddle</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
      </ButtonBank>
    </Device>
    <Device>
      <Name>SpaceMouse Pro Wireless</Name>
      <ProductID>c631</ProductID>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_2</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>Macro_DoubleClickMiddle</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Left</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_14</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>D</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
      </ButtonBank>
    </Device>
  </Devices>
  <AuthorInfo>
    <LastChange>
      <Date>3/26/2020 8:06:23 PM UTC</Date>
    </LastChange>
  </AuthorInfo>
  <MacroTable>
    <MacroEntry>
      <ID>D</ID>
      <KeyStroke>
        <Key>7</Key>
      </KeyStroke>
    </MacroEntry>
  </MacroTable>
</AppCfg>

Fusion360.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<AppCfg Default="false" xmlns="" CfgFormatVersion="1.2" ThisFileVersion="1.6">
  <AppInfo>
    <Signature>
      <Name>STR_FUSION360</Name>
    </Signature>
    <Options />
  </AppInfo>
  <CfgProperties>
    <InheritsFrom>STR_FUSION360</InheritsFrom>
    <Access />
  </CfgProperties>
  <AuthorInfo>
    <LastChange>
      <Date>3/26/2020 8:07:45 PM UTC</Date>
    </LastChange>
    <Created>
      <Tool>3DxService.exe</Tool>
      <Version>17.6.0.16266</Version>
      <Date>2019:6:2:25:21:16:52:208</Date>
    </Created>
  </AuthorInfo>
  <Settings>
    <OverallScale>1.00</OverallScale>
  </Settings>
  <Devices>
    <Device>
      <VendorID>0</VendorID>
      <ProductID>0</ProductID>
      <AxisBank>
        <Name>Default</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <Scale>1.0000</Scale>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
      </AxisBank>
    </Device>
    <Device>
      <Name>SpaceMouse Pro Wireless</Name>
      <ProductID>c631</ProductID>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Button>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Left</ActionID>
          </Output>
        </Button>
      </ButtonBank>
    </Device>
  </Devices>
</AppCfg>
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jwick

Post by jwick »

That's terrific.

Post it and let's get some feedback. It would be nice if the F-360 forum users would also comment in this topic so I can see their feedback.

We can use the driver's extension mechanism to fix some of these issues.
The cfg file for AcCoreConsole.exe will likely get used by other Autodesk products. We may need to try to stop that.
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

I've updated to the latest 3DxWare driver 10.6.5, and the cfg's are updated to 1.3. Downloads available here:
https://github.com/jgroeli/F360-3DMouse ... s/releases
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
jwick

Post by jwick »

Are you getting interest on the F360 forums?
Can you count the GitHub downloads?
jgroeli

Post by jgroeli »

A few people are trying it out and I'm awaiting feedback. Github shows 14 unique cloners and 11 unique visitors since 3/28.
Julian Groeli
Owner
2020 Design
2020dn.com
davidpbest

Post by davidpbest »

I'm just jumping in on this topic a year after last post. I would love to be able to use the SpaceMouse in the F360 drawing workspace to pan and zoom. But I'm working on a Mac with OSX 10.15.7. I have zero idea how to mess with drivers and config files on my Mac - any suggestions on if your solution can be applied to OSX? Thanks.

David Best
jwvosburg

Post by jwvosburg »

Hi,

Windows 10, Fusion 360, wireless space mouse, latest space mouse driver (I believe).

I'm attempting to use the Github posted config file for AcCoreConsole.xml. I get left and right panning ok (which is very nice and encouraging), but all other axis seem to zoom up or down.

Trying to see if I can disable some axis by clicking the left space mouse button I get an "Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have in the past made the a cfg file work similarly for VCarve Pro, but it's been a while and my XML skills are very rusty. And I haven't seen this error before. Is this an indication of a badly formed XML file?

Thanks.
Jeff Vosburg