Fusion 360 2D drawings mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwvosburg

Re: Fusion 360 2D drawings mode

Post by jwvosburg »

Hi,

While I could not get the Gethub AcCoreConsole.xml file to work, I did build an alternative method. I've posted it here if others have similar difficulties and want the SpaceMouse Pan functionality in the Fusion Drawing environment. I'm not sure if all these steps are necessary, but they worked for me.

1. I had to remove all instances of AcCoreConsole.xml and references to AcCoreConsole.exe in the cfg directory to get back to a baseline.

2. Start Fusion, go to the Drawing space, and click the Left SpaceMouse button. You should get the 3DConnexion control panel popup. Click Properties and Advanced Settings. You should see the Application Title of "AcCoreConsole". There will now be a default AcCoreConsole.xml in the %appdata%\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg directory.

3. Exit Fusion, Stop the 3DxWare service.

4. Make a copy of the default AcCoreConsole.xml someplace. You may need to start over. At least it took me a couple of tries.

5. Open/edit the AcCoreConsole.xml file and paste the following within the <Devices></Devices> schema. Make sure to maintain balanced tags. Notepad++ helps with this. I also changed the <Name>AcCoreConsoleNew</Name> to allow me to verify that the new cfg is picked up.

Code: Select all

<Device>
      <ID>ID_Standard_3D_Mouse</ID>
      <AxisBank>
        <Name>Default</Name>
        <ID>Default</ID>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_X</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_X</ActionID>
            <Reversed>false</Reversed>
            <Modifiers>
              <Modifier>MiddleMouse</Modifier>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <Input>
            <ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Y</ActionID>
            <Min>-512</Min>
            <Max>511</Max>
          </Input>
          <Output>
            <ActionID>HIDMouse_Y</ActionID>
            <Reversed>false</Reversed>
            <Modifiers>
              <Modifier>MiddleMouse</Modifier>
            </Modifiers>
          </Output>
       </Device>
6. Start the 3DxWare service and Fusion 360. Go to the Drawing environment and test the CFG. The change should let you pan Left/Right (X) and Forward/Back (Y). You should see "AcCoreConsoleNew" as the application title if you also made that change.

7. At this point Zoom also "works", but I didn't think well enough to keep. So I used the left SpaceMouse button to bring up the radial menu, Properties, Advanced Settings to disable the Zoom function (Z, etc.).

Hope this helps someone with a SpaceMouse looking for a bit of Panning in the Fusion 360 Drawing environment. Thanks to Julian Groeli and jwick for the discussion and pointers.

Jeff Vosburg