Driver problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveTief

Driver problem

Post by DaveTief »

Hi
Running win10

I have the basic Spacemouse - round stainless base, with a blue LED ring around the knob. No lable, so I have no idea what the model is, got it a number of years ago. Works great.

I use the Spacemouse mostly for Solidworks.
While attempting to install another USB driver something happened to the spacemouse drivers. So I tried repair the install 3DxWare64_v10-6-5_r3156 install. Did an un install. Re installed it. Still nothing.

Found out also, that of all the annoying things windows comes default activated, that restore points is NOT one of them, so I don't have that option.

Any ideas what else I have to try to clear / reset / etc. to fix this?

Thank you,

Dave
DaveTief

Re: Driver problem

Post by DaveTief »

Update-

I found some instructions on another thread regarding driver problems.

I uninstalled the 3Dware. Edited the registry to remove the items in there. Deleted the 3Dconnexion folders in the hidden system folder appdata.

Did a new install of the latest driver. Even the demo and trainer don't work.

I need to get this working.
DaveTief

Post by DaveTief »

Additional update - The same space navigator works on another older win7 machine I have here, so the hardware is good.

Whatever this problem is, it is in the win10 computer. Tried a different USB port, just to rule that out also.

It's not showing up in Device manager like it does in the win7 machine.
I get 1 unknown device, made by 3Dconnexion. Tried to update the driver, as it shows unknown not available. Even if I brows to a USB stick with the driver files from the win 7 machine, it says they are not there.
ETipler

Post by ETipler »

Hi Dave, I don't know if this will help but, have you tried manually loading the new driver? The problem I have is that the 3D mouse zooms in and out, nothing else. I checked the driver under Windows Device Manager and it shows up as "HID-compliant mouse" and the driver is a Windows driver. I tried manually loading the driver downloaded from 3Dconnexion but I can't find it. If you can find the driver, try manually loading it and see if that helps.

The P/N and PID numbers are on the tag at the USB connector end of the wire.
DaveTief

Post by DaveTief »

Oh, i'll look at the tag.

I thought I found the driver files on my win7 machine. So I copied them over to the win 10, but device manager doesn't see them as what it is looking for...
jwick

Post by jwick »

The device driver that you should see in use in the Device Manager, can be manually loaded (in the devmgr) from:
C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Drivers\3DxHID\Win64

Once that is loaded, you should see the proper name of the device in the devmgr.
DaveTief

Post by DaveTief »

I went to device manager. There was an unknown device, went to it's properties. It identifies as 3Dconnexion. no drivers installed. I went to update driver, and browsed to that path. It still says no valid drivers found.

There are a bunch of files in there.

From the tag -
3DX-800028
PID N4311371075
DaveTief

Post by DaveTief »

I backed out to the 3Dconnexion folder level, and tried again, and it found a driver.
I now have a 3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator in the device manager,claims it is working properly.

MY win7 machine also shows a 3Dconnexion Space navigator on the line below the KMJ thing.

But on this win10 machine, there is no other 3Dconnexion device. I checked all of the unnamed ones under HID, and they all have other companies & working properly.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Email sent
fromps

Post by fromps »

I am having issues updating my drivers as well. Under Device Manager is shows both my Spacemouse and CadMouse are showing "HID-compliant mouse." When I try and update the driver to point it to "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Drivers\3DxHID\Win64" it doesn't take - it just keeps saying that most updated driver is installed. I've tried loading the driver from different levels of the subfolders but it still doesn't recognize any of the drivers. I am at a lost - anyone have any suggestions? I'd hate to have to return these devices.

Thanks,
Iz
Nonny3D

Post by Nonny3D »

Hello,

i tryed all the drivers from 10.6.0 up, and i had no luck on these, i work with 3ds max most of the time, I have :

win10 x64
3ds max 2020
Spacemouse enterprice

the only driver i could make to work in a corect way was 10.6.0 , all following drivers made trouble to me, and playing with drivers in a live project can be very anoying, specialy when the client want a little thing to change in the render, lets say in an interior render from a simulated kitchen, the architeckt dont like the flower on the table, a little thing only, but then because of the driver the compleete camera position changes and there is no way to recover this exact camera point and position .... ok enougth from this one ... the only driver working for me is :

10.6.0 : and you can get it from :

https://www.3dconnexion.de/index.php?eI ... 64bit&ap3=

BUT i had to reassign or reprogram my shortcuts on the 3d space mouse the "Key mapping" file looks not compatible with newer driver !

I hope this helps a little to finish this drama and you can keep working

Greetings from south america !

Nonny
Lieber von Rembrandt gemalt, als vom Leben gezeichnet! 8)
Sprachen/Languages/Idiomas: Deutsch/English/Español