Spacemouse Wireless drops out in Revit

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Stphn74

Spacemouse Wireless drops out in Revit

Post by Stphn74 »

Hi, I've just purchased the Spacemouse Wireless and Cadmouse Pro Wireless brand new for use in Revit/Enscape and Autocad. The Cadmouse works great but the Spacemouse keeps dropping out in Revit if I briefly use another application. It works fine if I use Revit exclusively but once I even start using an internet browser I return to Revit to find the Spacemouse no longer works but will still work in Autocad. I then need to restart Revit to get it to work again. Has anyone else had this issue? The drivers are dated April this year.
Stphn74

Re: Spacemouse Wireless drops out in Revit

Post by Stphn74 »

Now it's just dropped out whilst using Revit but still works in Autocad.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Stphn74,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. A log file of the driver will be helpful.
Stphn74

Post by Stphn74 »

I was talking to tech support but have not heard back since Thursday. They haven't asked for a log file of the driver.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Stphn74,

they will do with their next response. ;)
Stphn74

Post by Stphn74 »

And they now have and I've sent it off. Thank you!
peteo

Post by peteo »

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I only have this problem on my laptop, on the desktop the spacemouse connection with Revit is totally robust with no problems whatsoever. With the laptop (which is the much newer, more capable machine) as the original post says, as soon as I go over to another application the 3d mouse options button dissapears from the navigation bar and it no longer functions within Revit. Interestingly however, the 3d mouse will still function within Enscape with no problems, whilst in the Spacemouse settings box Revit will show as the current application.
Orchards92@gmail.com

Post by Orchards92@gmail.com »

My coworker had this exact problem, we used the firmware upgrader and it seemed to fix the issue. However we have another issue with Revit where if you unplug any USB device while in Revit the space mouse stops working every time.