Spacemouse Enterprise - problems with driver

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fennemet2003

Spacemouse Enterprise - problems with driver

Post by fennemet2003 »

Hi,

I recently purchased a Spacemouse Enterprise and have barely made it work with Autodesk Maya and it doesn't work with Photoshop. With autocad it works fine however.

1) It works with Maya but I have to load the driver manually everytime I restart it. Activating auto-load in settings doesn't do it.
2) I can not make it work with Photoshop and have no clue as to how. I have tried to reinstall the driver several times with no luck. Is there a manual way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Nonny3D

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise - problems with driver

Post by Nonny3D »

hello,

for maya i have no idea , but in Photoshop there you have to define a shortcut for the spacemouse to work correctly , under the "new" shortcut editor and look there (i try to remember) automatisations and 3dconexion , use there a shortcut what isnt in use , it took me quite a moment to find something what isnt allready in use THAT i remember :D ..

i just checked again ... Menue ---> Edit ---> Keybordshortcuts ---> "Expand the Category" File ---> "Search for" Automatisation and "Expand this subcategory" ----> "Find there" 3DxPhotoshop ---> Define there a Keyboradshortcut ... i used here "Shift+Ctrl+P"

then it should work , on my end its working fine, i dont use the 3D mouse not to much for Photoshop i have a drawing tablett , but this was the way i made it work with 3D space mouse in Photoshop ... as fare i remember normaly there pops up also a little manual when starting photoshop when the keyboard shortcut isnt defined correctly ...

I hope this helps and sorry for my english

Greetings
Lieber von Rembrandt gemalt, als vom Leben gezeichnet! 8)
Sprachen/Languages/Idiomas: Deutsch/English/Español
fennemet2003

Post by fennemet2003 »

Thank you, Nonny3D - it solved my Photoshop problem :)
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Is anyone having issues with driver v10-7-0_r3248 or Photoshop 2021? My Spacemouse works with Fusion 360 and other apps. But at some point, Photoshop stopped working. I checked my shortcut key under Automation and "3Dxware" is gone.

I know this option was viable & was working in September, but I can't fix this even if I clean all my old 3Dconnexion settings found here: https://3dconnexion.com/at/support/faq/ ... n-windows/
luping

Post by luping »

DHoude wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:41 pm Is anyone having issues with driver v10-7-0_r3248 or Photoshop 2021? My Spacemouse works with Fusion 360 and other apps. But at some point, Photoshop stopped working. I checked my shortcut key under Automation and "3Dxware" is gone.

I know this option was viable & was working in September, but I can't fix this even if I clean all my old 3Dconnexion settings found here: https://3dconnexion.com/at/support/faq/ ... n-windows/
Probably you have to uninstall and reinstall 3DxWare 10.7.0 to try it out.
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Thanks, yeah that is what I mean by the clean. But I uninstall the driver. Restarted Windows. Then did all the cleanup steps (including registry). Then I reinstalled the 1.7 driver. Same results.

on the 1.7 driver install, I do see the checkbox for the Photoshop plugin. But it seems like it is just not installing or is going to the wrong location (like a different Photoshop directory)

I think I might try 1.6.8 or something because I found this very handy when it was working.
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Sorry, the old version that I am 100% sure worked was 10.6.9. I did the uninstall on 10.7.0. Restart and then the cleanup. The mouse works with the demo, but the Photoshop plugin is missing from the Keyboard Shortcuts Automate menu. I really feel like this is a difference in Photoshop 2021. I just don't know how I prove it.
luping

Post by luping »

DHoude wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:23 am Sorry, the old version that I am 100% sure worked was 10.6.9. I did the uninstall on 10.7.0. Restart and then the cleanup. The mouse works with the demo, but the Photoshop plugin is missing from the Keyboard Shortcuts Automate menu. I really feel like this is a difference in Photoshop 2021. I just don't know how I prove it.
Start a technical support ticket asking for trouble-shooting.
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Ok, Thanks!
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Anyone looking at this, the 10.7.0 driver is not yet compatible with Photoshop 2021. I was told that something is in progress for the next driver release.
luping

Post by luping »

DHoude wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm Anyone looking at this, the 10.7.0 driver is not yet compatible with Photoshop 2021. I was told that something is in progress for the next driver release.
Perhaps as a Christmas gift before the Christmas Eve. : )
DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Hi Team, patiently waiting, but I tried 10.7.1 and still no luck. Are there any updates? Thanks to this Space mouse I really hate using Photoshop the old way 😀
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi DHoude,

we are tracking this issue with our internal bug number WIN-778. Should be available with the next driver version.