CADMouse Double Clicking Issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Lanceman

CADMouse Double Clicking Issue

Post by Lanceman »

My CadMouse has been double clicking when I single click. It just recently started. It does not have many hours on it. It started about a month ago and was about 100% double clicking when I single clicked, so I updated the driver tonight and it reduced it to about 50% double clicking. It is super annoying and not very productive in my work flow. Can you let me know if there is a cure for this? I bought the SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit and expected a better life out of a hardly used CadMouse.

I tried filing a report with technical support, but forgot the password, tried to get the password reset, but the emails never came through. I did find my password on my old phone, but it wouldnt let me use it as I had requested the emails to be sent. I could however use it to login to the forum somehow.

-Lanceman
UtaSH

Re: CADMouse Double Clicking Issue

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Lanceman,

I am sorry that you encounter problems to login. Please try resetting the password again. We had some problems a few days ago with the system and it might be that this was the reason that you were not able to reset your password. (I can see that no reset-password-email was sent to your email address).

In case you still have problems you can as well call our team. Phone numbers here.
luping

Post by luping »

Well, the 3Dconnexion company and its contract manufacturer are paying a price in hindsight for not choosing Omron micro-switch D2FC-F-K(50M) over D2FC-F-7N(short mechanical lifespan) for the CadMouse model, this far-reaching component selection issue is damaging the reputation.
maschl

Post by maschl »

Bad this is happening with the Cadmouse as well. I was just about to order one :x My Space Navigator still works flawlessly....
But at least I know now what switches to look for!
luping

Post by luping »

maschl wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:10 am Bad this is happening with the Cadmouse as well. I was just about to order one :x My Space Navigator still works flawlessly....
The blue dot OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) is the default microswitch used by CadMouse Pro Wireless, now I revise my recommendation, the good choice is made in Japan D2F-F-3-7, Cherry DG4 T85, Honeywell MICRO UX10C.
bobey100

Post by bobey100 »

Hello, the same double-clicking issue on my beloved CADmouse (one more in mouse graveyard), so which current model uses recommended microswitches? BTW Spacepilot Pro is still running with old drivers:) Thanks
luping

Post by luping »

bobey100 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:47 pm Hello, the same double-clicking issue on my beloved CADmouse (one more in mouse graveyard), so which current model uses recommended microswitches? BTW Spacepilot Pro is still running with old drivers:) Thanks
None of them, you can buy new mouse model(s)like CadMouse Pro and replace the default micro-switches with the ones you bought from Amazon/Aliexpress/Ebay., there's quite a lot of micro-switches for sale. Bear in mind that this would void the product warranty, which I already did for my own CadMouse.
luping

Post by luping »

maschl wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:10 am Bad this is happening with the Cadmouse as well. I was just about to order one :x My Space Navigator still works flawlessly....
Just replace the micro-switch if there's the double-clicking issue. You can't eat one meal and live for ever. I leave this comment to activate the forum email notification function, so you'll notice my reply.
maschl

Post by maschl »

Duly noted, thank you! I still won't buy a product that's doomed to fail after a year. I'll just repair my old mouse then.
Since we're all so environmentally conscious and all about sustainability these days, I see no reason why anyone should build low grade parts into an otherwise good product and sell it for a low price, but I know 5 bucks is too expensive for pepole I've worked with before. I'd pay 2-3x the price to have a quality product, but I guess that's just nmot "the market", so "the market" will do without me. I stated that in the 3Dconnexion survey a couple of months ago, but I guess that was just an advertisement in disguise.
precision

Post by precision »

Hi Forum

My left hand space mouse started to double click when I single click. But this time I am sure its not a micro switch issue - I am using Bluetooth interface - Have been working perfect for a year or so.

When I plug in the cable - THEN everything is perfect - NO double click when single click .. I have also tried using the external USB receiver .. Which looks like it works a bit better. But still some issues. I also tried on my Lenovo P50 same issues - Running window 10 and latest updates.

I think its a driver issues (or at least not a hardware issue) since when connected over the USB cable - Everything is ok.
luping

Post by luping »

precision wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:02 pm Hi Forum

My left hand space mouse started to double click when I single click. But this time I am sure its not a micro switch issue - I am using Bluetooth interface - Have been working perfect for a year or so.

When I plug in the cable - THEN everything is perfect - NO double click when single click .. I have also tried using the external USB receiver .. Which looks like it works a bit better. But still some issues. I also tried on my Lenovo P50 same issues - Running window 10 and latest updates.

I think its a driver issues (or at least not a hardware issue) since when connected over the USB cable - Everything is ok.
Which SpaceMouse model supports Bluetooth wireless connection? I never heard of such product change.