SPACE MOUSE PRO WIN KEYS NOT DETECTING

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

vinypol@gmail.com

SPACE MOUSE PRO WIN KEYS NOT DETECTING

Post by vinypol@gmail.com »

Recently I have update my win 10 to version 1809.
After this my SpaceMouse Pro win keys (e,g, esc, shit, ctrl & alt) not working with any application.
Previously it was working very good with all applications linke NX, MS ofice, adobe.
what should I do. Please provide any solution.
UtaSH

Re: SPACE MOUSE PRO WIN KEYS NOT DETECTING

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

are you working in a remote environment? This would be the reason that the modifier keys can not be executed.
klim

Post by klim »

Hi, the same happened to me.
I'm using a Space Mouse Enterprise locally (not remote or in virtual environment) on Windows 10 Build 1909.
It hppens a few weeks ago, but I'm not shure if this happens when i was updating the drivers from 3DxWare64_v10-6-5_r3156.exe to 3DxWare64_v10-6-8_r3210.exe.
But also revert back to previous drivers 3DxWare64_v10-6-5_r3156.exe didn't help. All previous settings where deleted when installing other driver, so this can't be the cause.
Maybe you have a solution, cause this is very annoying when keyboard modifiers cannot be used.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi klim,

which application are you using?

Do you see the same problem in all applications or just in you CAD application? Test it in the file explorer for example.

Try if removing all userspecific settings would solve the issue. See here. how to do that.

Are you using the predefined mappings or did you map the keys yourself?
klim

Post by klim »

UtaSH wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 am which application are you using?
Normally i use Sketchup make 2017 with your product.
UtaSH wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 am Do you see the same problem in all applications or just in you CAD application? Test it in the file explorer for example.
I've also tested this with other regular Windows programs like Explorer, Notepad, others, but these keys didn't work either.
UtaSH wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 am Try if removing all userspecific settings would solve the issue. See here. how to do that.
Thank you very much, removing all the settings listed in the article did solve my issue.
Hint: It is not enough just to uninstall, reinstall and/or update the 3DxWare64 Software and ticking there the option "Delete configurations of previous installations"
UtaSH wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 am Are you using the predefined mappings or did you map the keys yourself?
Normally yes, but they were set to default after ticking the option "Delete configurations of previous installations" while trying different 3DxWare64 Software versions.

All in all, problem is solved, thank you very much for help and this great product.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi klim,

the problem is solved? What solved the problem? Can you share your experience so that others can learn? ;)
klim

Post by klim »

Problem is solved

Solution: It is not enough just to uninstall, reinstall and/or update the 3DxWare64 Software and ticking there the option "Delete configurations of previous installations"

You have to remove all userspecific settings, see here: http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1100
klim

Post by klim »