3DSMax 2020/21 Keeps switching back and forth to perspective view

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

studiotetris

Re: 3DSMax 2020/21 Keeps switching back and forth to perspective view

Post by studiotetris »

Remember the problem that is still not solved today?
Even with max 2021.3 no change ... ALWAYS THE SAME PROBLEM!!!
And you haven't updated the drivers since SEPTEMBER !!! :shock:
At this point, after several months I believe I will resell the SpaceMouse® Enterprise Kit I bought!
It is not possible that you cannot solve the problem in 5 months...
art0kar

Post by art0kar »

Any news!?

Making camera animations in Max is almost impossible with this bug! I'm having the autokey on and then viewport jumps between perspective and camera, it creates keyframes in that frame. This totally destroys the animation.

Seems like it doesn't jump at least that much if the auto rotation center is not on and the viewport is not maximized.
invisio

Post by invisio »

have the same problem on 3dsmax2021 + space mouse compact windows 10 and all the
last drivers avalable to download on your website.

Please solve it or stop saying it's usefull and compatible with 3dsmax!!
justi

Post by justi »

Hi
Is there still no solution to this problem? using 3dsmax 2017 is also problematic.
It's very frustrating to work like this! :x
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi studiotetris. I'm familiar with this issue, but only through reports from the forum. I've tried everything possible to reproduce the problem and can't. Without a way to reproduce, there is no way for our development team to fix the issue.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in max, but I've mostly been creating several basic objects, a couple cameras (target and free), then trying to navigate with my 3D mouse. Do you have any special shading options enabled? Can you tell me what graphics card you are using?

Do you by chance have a scene you can send my way. Perhaps it's a problem with my setup.

Lastly, could you tell me what navigation settings you have enabled in our control panel? I'm posting an example below to illustrate what I'm looking for.
2020-12-22_16h28_30.png
2020-12-22_16h28_30.png (41.03 KiB) Viewed 7503 times
Claire
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

Zach wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:29 pm Hi studiotetris. I'm familiar with this issue, but only through reports from the forum. I've tried everything possible to reproduce the problem and can't. Without a way to reproduce, there is no way for our development team to fix the issue.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in max, but I've mostly been creating several basic objects, a couple cameras (target and free), then trying to navigate with my 3D mouse. Do you have any special shading options enabled? Can you tell me what graphics card you are using?

Do you by chance have a scene you can send my way. Perhaps it's a problem with my setup.

Lastly, could you tell me what navigation settings you have enabled in our control panel? I'm posting an example below to illustrate what I'm looking for.

2020-12-22_16h28_30.png
Hi Zack. I open a Ticket to support the 03/07/2020 (CASE 11963). I send you the scene, video, setting...
Before to open the Ticket (I already had this problem on 3dsmax 2019 switching from 10.5 to 10.6 drivers) I reset my workstation: win 10 pro, max 2021 now with sp 3 (version 23.3.0.3201) , rhinceros 7, adobe suite, zwcad.
My configuration is CPU Intel Xeon Gold 6148 @2.40 GHZ - 192 Gb ram - SSD 1 Tb - Nvidia RTX 6000.
The setting of 3dsmax are the defautl (Standard and Default Shading).
The setting of the 3dConnexion mouse are the default (the same of your screenshoot)
For mitigate (does not solve) the problem is necessary deactivate in ROTATION CENTER - AUTO (I don't know why) but without the navigation is terrible: other setting don't change the set.
Today I update the new driver of Nvidia (460.89) but the problem is always the same.
I have exposed my problem to some architectural offices I work with and they have no problem but:
- they use drivers 10.5 and 10.4
- they don't have an rtx card
- they use max 2020
I asked to try installing the 10.6 drivers but only 3 have tried tests and one have the same problems as mine (so today you have a good part that when it goes to max 2021 and install new driver it will contact you I think).
I believe the problem is to be found in the driver transition 10.5 to 10.6, the rotation center and rtx cards...
In the viewport when you set a camera (not in perspective) and you wait the vieport switch to the perspective view (only what he sees) but if you click on an object or a geometry the viewport return to camera, when you wait same transition and return,...and when you navigate (not in a simple scene) the geometry create a trail, they are not fluid...but only by navigating with the 3dconnexion mouse, not with the default commands of max.
I am available for any test or need as long as this problem is solved...if this is not possible, I will have to do without the 3dconnexion mouse.
Thanks
invisio

Post by invisio »

not only on rtx card.
I have the same problem on quadro m3000m (Hp mobile worstation I7-64gb ram) AND with gtx1060 (HP workstation, 2X Xeon e5 2680 + 96Gb ram)
happens on all big projects (+3M polygons, +500Mb max file) and a little less on little ones.

3dsmax2021 SP2
hughwyeth

Post by hughwyeth »

I've updated drivers and still having the ghosting/blur issue and the perspective/camera switch/flicker is now seemingly worse.
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

I have the same problem.
thad

Post by thad »

So

Upon more testing I noticed that it happens with 3dsmax physical camera, and v-ray physical camera, but it doesnt happen with 3dsmax free camera.

Maybe this will help developers solve this issue which is annoying AS HELL.
Julio_Cayetano

Post by Julio_Cayetano »

Hi, I´m glad to find this threat talking about this issue. We are having this exact same issue since we updated from 3dsMax 2018 to 2021.3. a few weeks ago. And this bug is totally killing our workflow inside MAX. We also updated to RTX Nvidia cards at the same time by the way.
We are using latest Corona Render, and it is happening with the Corona Cameras, in all our architectural scenes I have tested so far, that are pretty heavy, of course.
We really need a solution here, our space navigators are barely usable right now. We are so used to work with 3dconnexion hardware that I can´t even imagine working without...
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

Julio_Cayetano wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:50 am Hi, I´m glad to find this threat talking about this issue. We are having this exact same issue since we updated from 3dsMax 2018 to 2021.3. a few weeks ago. And this bug is totally killing our workflow inside MAX. We also updated to RTX Nvidia cards at the same time by the way.
We are using latest Corona Render, and it is happening with the Corona Cameras, in all our architectural scenes I have tested so far, that are pretty heavy, of course.
We really need a solution here, our space navigators are barely usable right now. We are so used to work with 3dconnexion hardware that I can´t even imagine working without...
:evil: To date, after 8 months, no solution! :evil:
Julio_Cayetano

Post by Julio_Cayetano »

This is very bad news for so many people using this nice hardware.
For us, it is an issue that happens all the time and in all projects. So far, I have tested it in around 10-12 different scenes from several actual arch viz projects, and as soon as I get to look through the Corona camera in the viewport, it begins to do switch to persp, then I select and object, back to camera, then I unselect it or pick another, back to do the funny thing... horrible.

I really wish that the developers will find a solution soon, since right now it is a headache to work like this. We really need it. I can imagine that this can be a very hard bug to solve, so thanks in advance for the effort!

Good luck
tehamnes

Post by tehamnes »

Same issue here. max2021,Wireless space mouse, quadro m5000m, all scenes.
Turning off auto rotation center prevents cam./perspective switch. But the viewport tools in lower right corner of 3dsmax flashes frenetically, so something is going on. The auto rotation center is very helpful so I don't like turning it off either.
Would love a fix for this :-)
art0kar

Post by art0kar »

I have now recreated the issue with a very simple scene.
I have just a teapot and one vray camera in the scene.

When I have the camera viewport maximized and I zoom the curve editor with ctrl+alt+middle click, it always switches between viewport and camera and the creates keyframes in that frame.

Here's a screencapture of what's happening:
https://youtu.be/bxSwY1lQzGM

Also attached the Space mouse settings.

Please look in to this issue. This bug affects our animation workflow drastically!
Attachments
3dconnexion_settings.jpg
3dconnexion_settings.jpg (124.08 KiB) Viewed 6479 times