3DSMax 2020/21 Keeps switching back and forth to perspective view

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nagboy

3DSMax 2020/21 Keeps switching back and forth to perspective view

Post by nagboy »

Hi,

This bug has persisted for so long now, and its such a huge bug, is it something with my setup or is something super wrong with the driver?

Using a standard SpaceMouse w/latest driver.

Ive made a screen capture how it looks like: https://youtu.be/nGx73B0_IK8

This bug is so destructive it actually renders the spacemouse more or less useless.

1. Its difficult to work when the screen is flicking like crazy.

2. Camera paths that are animated with the Spacemouse are not saved correctly. When you close 3DSmax and open it again the camera path is completely different. I have no idea how this can even happen, but its happened on multiple scenes and ive concluded that the only common factor is the spacemouse.

This bug has been around -and getting worse- for over a year now, is there any chance for a fix?

e.
UtaSH

Re: 3DSMax 2020/21 Keeps switching back and forth to perspective view

Post by UtaSH »

Hi nagboy,

which driver version do you have installed?
Piotreq91

Post by Piotreq91 »

Hello,
I have this problem from very long time. The newest driver didn't repair this. My space mouse enterprise is not usable with any verision of 3ds max. I tested from 2017 to 2021(clear- without any other plugin). Additionaly in newer verision of drivers my 3ds max crashing nearly every time when I trying to change viewport using spacemouse button. Problem doesn't exist when I use standard keyboard.
cwdsnb

Post by cwdsnb »

I also have had this problem of viewport jumping between camera and perspective and managed to fix it by turning off 'auto' in rotation centre in advanced settings whilst running 3dsmax 2020/2021 (you have to do this per max version). I also set 3dsmax shade level to standard (previously used DX mode) as it reduced the glitchy viewport when moving about.
alexmarks3d

Post by alexmarks3d »

cwdsnb wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:38 am I also have had this problem of viewport jumping between camera and perspective and managed to fix it by turning off 'auto' in rotation centre in advanced settings whilst running 3dsmax 2020/2021 (you have to do this per max version). I also set 3dsmax shade level to standard (previously used DX mode) as it reduced the glitchy viewport when moving about.

OMG this has been infuriating for so long... this seems to have worked. Although this behavior is sporadic, I hope it's not a coincidence.

Thanks a million!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Piotreq91

Post by Piotreq91 »

cwdsnb wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:38 am I also have had this problem of viewport jumping between camera and perspective and managed to fix it by turning off 'auto' in rotation centre in advanced settings whilst running 3dsmax 2020/2021 (you have to do this per max version). I also set 3dsmax shade level to standard (previously used DX mode) as it reduced the glitchy viewport when moving about.
" hwdsb " Thank You a lot. Now is much better. I think that moderator should pin this post, because many users have this problem and can't find solution anywhere.
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

On July 3rd, I requested assistance to resolve this problem. After more than a month there is no solution, I write to the ticket without feedback ... escalation to the 3rd line without success ...
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

I update today 3dsmax to 2021.2 version but the problem remains the same.
Even using "stop driver" the problem persists ... to completely eliminate the error there is only the possibility to remove the drivers.
Is it possible to know if a solution is planned? Could it be tied to rtx video cards?
hughwyeth

Post by hughwyeth »

Thank you!

Is there a fix coming for this issue and the motion blur/smearing issue in max at all?
nushki

Post by nushki »

OMG! Thank you so much! I wasthinking about returning my mouse that I love but this problem made it impossible to use it.
!!!THERE HAS TO BE A FIX FOR THIS!!! PLEASE!!!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

did you install the latest driver from Sept 15th? 3DxWare 10.7.0 is the current one.
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

Yes, I try the 3dxWare 10.7.0 but:
- randomly the switching back ti perspective view return :shock:
- You have synchronized the camera view with the perspective view but the changing and flashing of the 3dsmax bottom right icon continues preventing other keyboard shortcuts :shock:
- Now, when I move the perspective view it automatically changes the focal range :shock:

3 months have passed since the appearance of this problem ... any news:?:
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

If you click on "menu" - "advance setting" - "rotation center" - "auto"the problem gets worse.
If you remove the problem it gets better ... I don't know if it can help.
Please HELP!
thad

Post by thad »

Yeap

I still have this same issue, camera keeps switching, I'm using max 2021.
studiotetris

Post by studiotetris »

Some news?