3DConnexion Support Planned For Drone View In MS Flight Simulator 2020?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gmelvin

3DConnexion Support Planned For Drone View In MS Flight Simulator 2020?

Post by gmelvin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:10 pm

With the imminent Win 10 release of MS Flight Simulator 2020 on 8/18/20 I just inquired with 3DConnexion if they were planning on providing some basic driver support for the drone view cam at least for now. I've got the top Premium Deluxe Edition on preorder and run on a very high-end PC (Core i9-12/24, dual RTX 2080 TIs in SLI, SSDs, 65" 4K G-Sync HDR monitor at 144Hz, 5.1 Bose, etc., so it would be just amazing if I could use my SpaceMouse Pro to freely navigate around that superbly detailed world at full graphics settings in UHD resolution and record those flight paths through my nVidia driver's 2D/3D recording mode.

That 3DC contact is checking with the Dev Team for me and will let me know if there's enough user interest for them to work on it if they haven't started to already.

Melvin.

censrd

Re: 3DConnexion Support Planned For Drone View In MS Flight Simulator 2020?

Post by censrd » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Not sure if this post is asking the forum for our interest levels in MSFS intergration?

or stating you have got the ball rolling by alerting that there is interest to the devs, (i'll add a vote if thats the case)

or just straight up flexing your sweet rig... which does sound like a very sweet rig indeed. But now i'm curious if its a work rig that just may happen to get MSFS installed for those down times between jobs, or if thats the spec you built just for the flight sim... Which if the later, you have shown quite a level of dedication to sim flight good sir.

Steve

gmelvin

Post by gmelvin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:21 am

I built my rig to these updated specs to take advantage of all the great industry research and development done over the last several years with multithreaded code for both 2D GP-GPU and 3D CPU/GPU enabled software applications.

My query with 3DC is to see if their engineers can map the real-time, roaming, dynamic six-axis free-flight controls of their hardware/software products to the realistic database of MS FS 2020 while bypassing the restraints of the aircraft flight physics inherent in that sim. If they can receive permission from MS to replicate the experience we currently have using 3DC hardware with Google Earth Pro but at that new level of visual sophistication, that would be just amazing!

I much appreciate any additional forum members' support in this regard.

Thanks & all the best!

Melvin

Grimbo

Post by Grimbo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:46 am

My vote is in for using the Space mouse for the drone, it would be fantastic!

Magic Man

Post by Magic Man » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

I have my Enterprise mapped for external, drone and slew axis. You just need to do it manually.

grahamwell

Post by grahamwell » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:26 pm

I've been trying to configure it manually. FS2020 recognises the SpaceNavigator (yes, that's what I have) but I can't make it stable. Any tips?
It would be so completely awesome that I'm prepared to bang my head against this particular wall for a while.

Magic Man

Post by Magic Man » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 am

Under the controls tab I have a "3DCONNEXION KMJ EMULATOR" device and a device named according to my specific model "SPACEMOUSE ENTERPRISE" in my case.

Under the settings for the latter I have the following axis set against each control (each selected manually)

You may need to make some setting changes to the 3Dconnexion profile to make sure it saves a specific profile against Flight Simulator - I found that until I made a change the cap still performed mouse scroll events which meant that it zoomed in and out in game whilst also changing the camera angle