Problem with Google Earth app when using Spacemouse in another app.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Throrin

Problem with Google Earth app when using Spacemouse in another app.

Post by Throrin »

I am a new user with Spacemouse and i have a problem with Google Earth app on Windows.

When i use Spacemouse in any program it works with no problem. The problem starts when i open Google Earth app.

In Google Earth alone it works fine with no problem BUT when i switch to another program i operate the new program with Spacemouse Wireless but it also moves the camera in Google Earth app. It is as if i operate both programs simultaneously. This is very frustrating.

This behavior is "one way". If i have Google Earth open and i switch to another program (eg. windows explorer, Agisoft Metashape, Google Chrome, Fusion 360 etc) the software does not disengage completely from Google Earth and it also rotates and moves the camera Google Earth. If i switch to Google Earth then it only works there and no other open programs are affected (as intended).

Until now i have not seen similar problem between other apps.

When i switch between applications if i go to Properties in Space Mouse it correctly identify the "active" program and all assigned buttons work for the active program only but the camera in Google Earth app still rotate, moves etc. I tried to reset all settings in Spacemouse but the problem didn't fix.

anybody else noticed that behavior? Is there a known fix?
UtaSH

Re: Problem with Google Earth app when using Spacemouse in another app.

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Thorin,

this is a known problem. :(

You have to contact the support team for Google Earth. Google has implemented the support for our 3D mouse without making use of our SDK. They read the data from the device directly from the USB port. There is nothing we can do to change that implementation. You need to address this with Google directly. (For your reference: we are tracking this ISV issue with our internal bug number BGZ-6945.)