Question about support cycle for SpaceMouse Wireless

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

DoubleE

Question about support cycle for SpaceMouse Wireless

Post by DoubleE »

Hello I was wondering if there was a page that shows what the planned product life-cycle for the SpaceMouse Wireless is. I am not familiar with when the product initially launched so I don't have a gauge on how new it is. I found this https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... d-devices/ page but it doesn't say anything about 3dconnexion's current line up so I don't know how far in the SpaceMouse Wireless is to its support cycle. I was looking at picking one up for use with Creo 6 and Fusion 360 but I want to know what I'm getting into first if possible.
Thanks in advance!
DoubleE

Re: Question about support cycle for SpaceMouse Wireless

Post by DoubleE »

Well It looks like my question has had over 200 views and 0 replies as of writing this, so I guess who ever next views this question if you own a SpaceMouse Wireless when did you buy it? We've got to be able to figure something out we're engineers here we should be able to at least take a guess at how new the product is.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi DoubleE,

Several of us that browse this Forum are engineers and we cannot be on the record concerning issues that affect company policy.

Having said that, you can look at the page you linked to above and draw your own conclusions. I think you will find that 3Dconnexion products benefit from the longest support longevity in the industry. That page even states how long 3Dconnexion is committed to supporting products that are no longer being manufactured.

The SpaceMouse Wireless was launched in Oct 2013 and is not discontinued as of writing this.
Nuno Gomes
DoubleE

Post by DoubleE »

Thank you for the reply that was all I was looking for. I wasn't trying to tread on any toes asking my question and I realize somethings are NDA'd.