Virtual NumPad in SolidWorks 2020 deletes values

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sdesaulles

Virtual NumPad in SolidWorks 2020 deletes values

Post by sdesaulles »

I've used the virtual NumPad in 3dx and SolidWorks for over a year, but recently it has started doing something weird.

When modifying a dimension in the sketch for part or assy, click slowly on the numeral values on the Virtual NumPad and all is well, click fast and the numerals entered just get deleted.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, any solutions?

Thanks

Stephen
3dx NumPad issue in SolidWorks.png
3dx NumPad issue in SolidWorks.png (181.07 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
luping

Re: Virtual NumPad in SolidWorks 2020 deletes values

Post by luping »

Weird...probably you can record the screen activity into a gif animation or short video, and then send it to the 3Dconnexion technical support people for possible trouble-shooting...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

I seem to recall there's something up with the application. Try using the system own "On-Screen Keyboard" (OSK): Start menu > type "OSK" and press enter. Then attempt to reproduce the issue using the panel.
Nuno Gomes
sdesaulles

Post by sdesaulles »

Thanks for your replies.

It seems to be a SolidWorks only issue. And only on the flyout menu, using the NumPad over in the column on the left and it works fine.

SolidSolutions haven't seen it before. I've tried two different 3dx mice and a SpacePilot Pro and a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless, all behave the same. SolidWorks 2019 also behaves the same.

I have sent 3dx both a log file they requested and an MP4 screen capture that I just tried to load here but I think the format is not permitted.

Thanks

Stephen
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi sdesaulles,
sdesaulles wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:54 am I have sent 3dx both a log file they requested and an MP4 screen capture that I just tried to load here but I think the format is not permitted.
Have you tried replicating the issue using the system "On-Screen Keyboard" (OSK.exe) tool? You will notice the problem is in SOLIDWORKS, not in 3Dconnexion's software.