CadMouse Pro Wireless - jerky mouse movement

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bigguiness

CadMouse Pro Wireless - jerky mouse movement

Post by bigguiness »

Hello,

I have been having trouble with my CadMouse Pro Wireless for the last couple days. It keeps freezing periodically and then works again.

If I enable the touchpad on my laptop it works fine even when the CadMouse stops moving.

I have downloaded and installed the latest 3DxWare driver (10.7.0.3248) and that didn't help.

Right now my CadMouse Pro Wireless is pretty much useless. It's only about 6 months old. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks
luping

Re: CadMouse Pro Wireless - jerky mouse movement

Post by luping »

Connect the CadMouse Pro Wireless to the tablet PC with the usb cord/cable.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi bigguiness,
bigguiness wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:31 am It keeps freezing periodically and then works again.
You see this with the device connected wirelessly, right? If so, try placing the device and the receiver (the small USB dongle) closer together. The device ought to work well with a reasonable range (a couple of meters) but some environments are noisier (radio-wise) than normal or, say, the receiver may be connected to the back of a computer under a metal desk.

If that does not help, reach out to 3Dconnexion's tech support team. They're great.
Nuno Gomes
bigguiness

Post by bigguiness »

The USB receiver is plugged directly into one of my laptop USB ports. It's on the right side of my laptop and about 10" max way from my mouse. Also my desk is wood not metal.

The mouse has worked fine for the last 6 months (approximately) and has just started giving me problems in the last week or so.

Not only is the mouse movement jerky it sometimes does not respond to a button press or it will act like the button is not pressed when I am hlding it down.

This is getting _really_ frustrating...

BTW, connecting the a USB cable to the mouse is _not_ solution. For what this mouse cost it _should_ work!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bigguiness wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:24 pmThe mouse has worked fine for the last 6 months (approximately) and has just started giving me problems in the last week or so.

Not only is the mouse movement jerky it sometimes does not respond to a button press or it will act like the button is not pressed when I am hlding it down.
Looks like a hardware issue. I suggest you get in touch with 3Dconnexion's tech support team (contacts here).