SpaceNavigator USB

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

siepe

SpaceNavigator USB

Post by siepe »

Hi there, my first post here
I have a SpaceNavigator usb that works perfectly fine on windows 10 except for the fact that every time I start the computer,
after my login takes 3 minutes to get to the blue light on and be usable, so need to wait at least this time before start Fusion360 because
otherwise will be not recognized!!!
Is this normal????
The same one was connected to a laptop MacBookPro.... blue light on immediately ( together with power on usb ) and ready to go with
every software I open....
Any suggestion?

p.s.
Lenovo C30 dual xeon, nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti, windows 10 last update, 3dconnexion driver 10.7

Thanks
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNavigator USB

Post by UtaSH »

Hi siepe,

try if the machine boots up quicker if you disconnect the device before you switch it on. Then - after you logged in - you can connect it.
siepe

Post by siepe »

Hi UtaSH
the problem is not machine booting, is the 3dconnexion software that make the spacenavigator available to work
after 3 minute....I just start my pc follow your direction and while writing this post, still no blu light on the spacenavigator....
had to disconnect again and reconnect.....
siepe

Post by siepe »

Hi UtaSH
the problem is not how long takes the computer to boot up, infact is very fast....the problem is that after I login with password,
I can have time to start firefox, check the forum, write this reply and eventually the spacenavigator came up to life, that means 2 minutes and 50 second
from the moment I clik enter after the password!!!!
Is there anythings I can do to speed up this process?
I can't belive that is normal, because as I told before on the Mac is starting right the way

Cheers
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Siepe,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. The can do the necessary troubleshooting and collect a driver log file that might help to analyze the issue.
siepe

Post by siepe »

I'm back with a possible solution!

To cut the story short at the time thought that the issue may be related to the multi processors so I got an i7 but still have the same issue
In the meantime I got tired of the PC and back to the MAC! everything works just perfect and I also got an Enterprise!

That lonely i7 PC was recently move to be a gaming PC with some Thrustmaster hardware attached to it
Everything was working fine till a recent win update (?) and the big lag like the one I had with with 3Dconnexion came up!
Started to do all the usual stupid things including format and install only required driver for Thrustmaster and still big lag!!

After a bit of thinking, realise that at almost at same time I connected the USB Hub which is internal to my Apple 24HD display.....disconnected and the lag disappear ( monitor is still in use with is HDMI connection but disconnected the usb cable )....most likely the same thing happened when
I connected also the usb cable from my Apple 30HD display to the Lenovo C30 to use the extra hub built in the monitor.....

Seems that PC in general DO NOT LIKE Apple USB Hub or generally speaking something that is not win-friendly!!! :D