SpaceMouse only partially working in CATIA V5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Hannes

SpaceMouse only partially working in CATIA V5

Post by Hannes »

<t>Hi,<br/>
im having trouble with my SpaceMouse Enterprise in Catia V5 R21. <br/>
After some reinstalling and trying the Numpad Buttons are now working in CATIA (The Buttons like ESC, SHIFT, etc. where always working), however if i change the context (ie. going into sketch mode in catia) it has no affect on the options on the SpaceMouse. So some commands will be invalid in the current context and throw errors.<br/>
The biggest problem is however that the 3d Navigation does not work at all (No rotating, panning etc.). I tried to add Catia to the firewall and even to disable the firewall completely. Unfortunately this did not help. I installed the newest 3dconnexion Driver and am using a 64bit version of Catia in case that is important. <br/>
If anyone has an idea what the problem or a possible solution might me, i would appreciate it very much. <br/>
[I also checked that there is no ADL_ODT_IN variable set and did set CATNoStartDocument variable which seems to help to recognize the Buttons on the SpaceMouse, and i am using Cisco AnyConnect to Connect to VPN to get access to the license server for CATIA]</t>
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse only partially working in CATIA V5

Post by UtaSH »

Hallo Hannes,

are you working remotely on your machine or is it just the license that you get from another server?
Are you starting Catia with the same user as the driver is started? See here.
Hannes

Post by Hannes »

Hi UtaSH,
thanks for the response. I am not working remotely it is just to connect to the licence server. I tried to disconnect after starting Catia (which will cause licensing warnings) but still the SpaceMouse is not able to navigate.
The first time i installed and started Catia i think i got a message that i need to run the SpaceMouse Driver with admin rights, so i did tried that out but it did not work either. Now i checked your link and set everithing to no elevation and confirmed that, still no movement tough (Both are started from my user account).
I have noticed (independently of elevation of 3d-program/driver) that if i open the menu of the spacemouse and under advanced toggle the different Navigation settings like Rotation that that will change the icons of the 3Dx Device toolbar in catia.
What i find really weird is that catia will always register this and only sometimes register the numpad buttons and never registers the 3d movements.
Is there some interval difference between those things? Or is it some wrong setting in catia (I did not found anything online for this)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Hannes,

I think we need a log file of the driver. I saw that you contacted our Technical Support Team. and provided the log file. Your ticket has to be escalated now to the next level of expertise. Please bear with us.