SpaceMouse Enterprise Buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bluemax

SpaceMouse Enterprise Buttons

Post by bluemax »

Hello,

I use the SpaceMouse Enterprise (SME) with the software I use in my dental lab. The software we use is from Zirkonzahn. I wanted to know how to map various options I have on the different screens that I usually rotate through, when designing/modelling teeth, on to the buttons I have on the SME.

For example.

1. I would need to look at a tooth I am modelling from the front, to see if I have the length, width, etc correct or if I need to make changes.
In order to do this, I need to click on a specific button on the screen in the software. How do I enter that into the buttons list for the SME. I have looked in the software I use, and there is no short-cut assigned to that button.

2. There are 4 "pages" or stages I need to go through when I start the process of modelling/designing. The button layout for the first stage is shown below.

I know I can insert new macros but not quite sure how to do that or even if it is helpful/necessary, since most of the options I need are single clicks with a mouse. However, inserting/installing these mouse clicks into the button layout of the SME would save a lot of time.

I would appreciate some help with this.

Thank you.
jwick

Re: SpaceMouse Enterprise Buttons

Post by jwick »

When you switch to the various pages of the application, does the display at the top of the SME LCD change? E.g., to show you that you are in one mode or another.

If so, then it's probable the application is telling the driver which mode it is in. In that case, the changes you make, macros you assign, will all switch for you when you switch modes. It makes some sense to create macros then. Otherwise, you'd have to divide up the device buttons for use in the 4 modes, which isn't very convenient.

ATM there isn't a practical way to get it to press 2D mouse buttons on the screen at a specific spot when you press device buttons. It's possible to do with code, but there's no GUI support for it.
bluemax

Re: SpaceMouse Enterprise Buttons

Post by bluemax »

Hello, sorry for the slow reply. It looks like I will have to use Macros. Thank you for help.