Use Space Mouse as Joystick

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tho

Use Space Mouse as Joystick

Post by Tho »

Where can I find a driver for my Windows PC to emulate a Joystick with my Space Mouse?
Besides using the Space Mouse for CAD I would like to use it ocassionally as input device for a flight simulator or similar applications.
The 3Dconnection tool does not support any of that and unfortunately I did not find anything ready to be used in this forum.
luping

Re: Use Space Mouse as Joystick

Post by luping »

As far as I know, write emails or make phone calls to the flight simulator or similar applications vendors to ask them to integrate the 3DxWare SDK API into their software.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Topic on MS Flight
You can tell the driver to output joystick events for games, flight sims, etc. when specific applications are in focus.
The above topic refers to changes specific for the latest MS Flight Simulator.
Other games are probably similar. That is, after telling the driver to send joystick events, you probably need to tell the game how to use those events.
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

Tho wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:31 pm Where can I find a driver for my Windows PC to emulate a Joystick with my Space Mouse?
Sorry for being late to the party. There is a brilliant tool with "ControlMyJoystick" for that purrpose. Not only does it allow you to configure every axis to control every Joystick input plus responsibility curves, deadzones and what have you, merge with other inpout devices to create a "metajoystick", it also lets you do so "occasionally" as requested and is not hijacking the whole unit making it unusable for supported apps. Available through Steam as well IIRC. I cannot praise the developer enough and highly recomment it.
kharar

Post by kharar »

kgrosser wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:42 am Sorry for being late to the party. There is a brilliant tool with "ControlMyJoystick" for that purrpose...
There is also a free tool with similar functionality called Sx2vJoy (a plugin for vJoy)
Get it here: https://github.com/Lasse-B/Sx2vJoy-test