Sketchup 2021 space mouse not working?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Billygo

Sketchup 2021 space mouse not working?

Post by Billygo »

Ive updated my drivers and space mouse only moves back and forth for Sketchup 2021 windows 64bit

Also was locked out of 3Dconnection.com and have old email address - how can I get back in?
Thanks,
Billy
luping

Re: Sketchup 2021 space mouse not working?

Post by luping »

Stick to SU 2020 until the next 3DxWare version to be released before Christmas Eve. In plain words, downgrade to SU 2020.
Dawnhare

Post by Dawnhare »

Updated both 3D software and sketchup and they don’t work together? Any news when there will be a fix available?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

please contact our Technical Support Team. They should be able to sort you out until we release a software update.

Our apologies for the delay. We normally strive to issue the driver updates a few weeks before applications ship but it didn't go to plan this time around.
Matheron

Post by Matheron »

Sketchup 2021 was released mid-November 2020.

The latest official 3DXWare driver was released mid-September 2020.

No official build of 3DXWare for Windows is compatible with Sketchup 2021.

Sketchup users must now downgrade their 3D modeller or stop using 3DConnexion spacemice.

Note that Sketchup now has moved to subscriptions. This means that a growing proportion of users is expected to move directly to Sketchup 2021.

For six years, I have used spacemice with Sketchup. I cannot remember that working 3Dconnexion drivers have been delayed this long.

• When will a Sketchup 2021-compatible 3DXWare for Windows be publicly released?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Support for SketchUp 2021 is available. See here.
jwhida

Post by jwhida »

Strange thing, if followed the link above, tried to log in three times, but email field kept changing what I typed. now I am locked out too.
Im trying to see if there is an update for sketchup 2021 and hoping the issuesthe current driver has have been solved

How can i reset my login to https://3dconnexion.com/au/ (i am in Australia)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jwhida,

did you use the same email address for the login to our website and for the login to this forum? In case you used another one for the website please send it to me in a PM as I wasn't able to find the email address that you are using for the forum in our database.
russ1669

Post by russ1669 »

thankyou. The link is working for me, and i downloaded pre release ver5-2-0 which works great.

It would be better if this was added to the alternative drivers list as i have been unable to use my Sketchup 21 since upgrading. In the end i had to complete a whole project using AutoCAD just to get the job done!

I understand it's not an official release driver though, so please continue to support Space Mouse and update drivers as required. As only an occasional user of 3D packages I cannot afford to upgrade my hardware too often!

Russ
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

russ1669 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:03 am The link is working for me, and i downloaded pre release ver5-2-0 which works great.
[...]
I understand it's not an official release driver though,
That is the official plug-in for SketchUp 2021. That exact file was included in 3DxWare 10 since v. 10.7.1, released back in December 2020.

In all likelihood, you simply had the plug-in disabled in the options of the 3DxWare 10 installer.
Nuno Gomes
Vei

Post by Vei »

Hello, I have the latest version of the plugin installed via the latest installer. I moved the Sketchup folder into the plugins folder in the sketchup install directory. I'm only able to get it to zoom in and out when tilted the head of the space mouse forward or backward. Changing the settings in the 3Dconnexion utility doesn't change anything. Is there supposed to be something that shows up in Sketchup to configure it too? I don't see anything in the extension manager or anywhere else in the interface.

Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Vei wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:19 pm Is there supposed to be something that shows up in Sketchup to configure it too?
Check if the 3Dconnexion extension is enabled in the "Extension Manager" panel.
Vei

Post by Vei »

It doesn't show up there. I have other extensions that did show up. Is there another way to install it, like with an RBZ file?

I currently have it installed in C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins is that correct? I copied it from the C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare folder and placed it there since it didn't seem to install on it's own with the 3DConnexion utility at install.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Vei wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:43 pm It doesn't show up there. I have other extensions that did show up. Is there another way to install it, like with an RBZ file?

I currently have it installed in C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins is that correct? I copied it from the C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare folder and placed it there since it didn't seem to install on it's own with the 3DConnexion utility at install.
If the extension is not listed, then it is not correctly installed.

The installer will copy the files as needed. In other words, there is no need to copy any files manually.

Have a word with our Technical Support team. They will help you collect an installation log. Perhaps we can tell why no files are being copied to the correct location.
Vei

Post by Vei »

What is the correct location?