Install and Uninstall Problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jheadatwork

Install and Uninstall Problems

Post by jheadatwork »

I have a couple of SpaceNavigators, one normal size, the other the laptop size, that I have used successfully for many years on a number of computers.
When I came to install the latest driver 3DxWare64_v10-7-0_r3248 on a new laptop I received an error message that appeared halfway through the install process stating:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor

This laptop is new, Windows 10, and never had 3DxWare installed on it before, though it does have Logitech SetPoint and Logitech Options installed.

I went to try to install this 3DxWare64_v10-7-0_r3248 on my old laptop to see if it would install okay there but received a message to say:

Old installation found (version 10.4.5). Please uninstall the old version and restart this application.

When I try to uninstall the old version I get an error message saying:

RunDLL
There was a problem starting C:\Program
The specified module could not be found.

My two problem are thus:
Cannot install latest driver on new laptop
Cannot uninstall old driver from old laptop.

Any ideas gratefully received.
UtaSH

Re: Install and Uninstall Problems

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jheadatwork,

for the older laptop I recommend to proceed as follows:
  1. Uninstall as far as possible any 3Dconnexion driver software.
  2. Reboot your machine.
  3. Install 3DxWare 10.4.5. by starting the installer. In case you don't have this version please contact our Technical Support Team.
  4. Reboot your machine.
  5. Uninstall this version by starting the installer package again and then select "Uninstall".
  6. Reboot your machine.
  7. Now you should be able to install the latest driver on this machine.
For the new machine I don't know what is wrong. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They will ask for the log files of the installation which are located in your %TEMP% folder (usually C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp). These log files should help to find the cause for the problem.
Fred1956

Post by Fred1956 »

I have the similar issue here, switching to Fusion 360 from Inventor and mouse is very sketchy so was going to update but, I get the error code and I have no 'uninstall option.

Windows 10 PC has been running well with Inventor, I have had the Navigator & CAD Mouse since 2017 Help??
luping

Post by luping »

Fred1956 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:16 am I have the similar issue here, switching to Fusion 360 from Inventor and mouse is very sketchy so was going to update but, I get the error code and I have no 'uninstall option.

Windows 10 PC has been running well with Inventor, I have had the Navigator & CAD Mouse since 2017 Help??
If you still has the same version driver installer package as you're trying to uninstall, install it once again. Ask the forum moderator in private message for a download link if you don't have.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Fred1956 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:16 am I have the similar issue here, switching to Fusion 360 from Inventor and mouse is very sketchy so was going to update but, I get the error code and I have no 'uninstall option.

I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team. They should be able to help you with this.