Wireless Spacemouse zoom in problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sad6006

Wireless Spacemouse zoom in problem

Post by sad6006 »

Hello all. I already used 4 or 5 diferent 3d connexion spacemouses at about 20 years in my job and in home also. Currently, I use the "Spacemouse Enterprise" in work and in home I use a "Spacemouse Wireless". All this to say that I am quite familiar with 3d connexion spacemouses. So, I bought a "SpaceMouse Wireless Kit" at 13.05.2020 and since 3 months ago, the zoom-in direction started not working every now and then, but it would work again after about 5 minutes of handling it. This week, it continues to work in all directions but not in the zoom-in direction, in fact, it has stopped working completely in zoom-in direction. Note that I have already performed all possible procedures at the software level, including updating drives, calibrating, etc... So, have any of you already had a similar problem and managed to solve it without sending Spacemouse to technical support? Thanks.
jwick

Re: Wireless Spacemouse zoom in problem

Post by jwick »

If it's a software setting it should show up in the GUI (see if that axis is disabled). Deleting all user cfgs would fix that.

If it is a hardware problem you would see it also in our demos.

If it shows up there, I'd call tech support.
They will probably ask if it shows up with and without the USB cable. There's often wireless radio interference that can be resolved by moving the nano-receiver to a different USB port. I've also read [here] recently, that users have reported a difference between USB 3 and USB 2 ports (though that might have resulted in a new location wrt radio noise).
sad6006

Post by sad6006 »

Hello,
Thanks for your fast response. I'll try that and then I'll give feedback.
sad6006

Post by sad6006 »

Hi all. I did all that you told and the problem remains. So I ask a friend to lend me a Space mouse wireless as mine and his makes all movements perfectly. Conclusion, my spacemouse have a hardware issue. I have to contact tecknical support. Thanks for your help.