Rotating model in AutoCAD 2d-wireframe mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

3d-labor.de

Rotating model in AutoCAD 2d-wireframe mode

Post by 3d-labor.de »

12 years ago someone described the problem, that you can not rotate a model in 2d-fireframe mode with the knob. You have to change to 3d-wireframe mode. While the AutoCAD "Orbit" command switches temporarily to 3d-wireframe mode and falls back to 2d-wireframe mode when the command is ended. The cause, why I want to have rotating in 2d-wireframe is, tha object snaps are working much better in this mode. So is there after all these years a solution for this problem? Best would be a special mode for the driver, so that the "real" 2d workers doesnt rotate their drwing accidentially. I rotate my models using "orbit" (as keyboard shortcut) instaed of using my space mouse enterprice. This was not my intention when I bought my Spacemouse Enterprise several years ago.....
luping

Re: Rotating model in AutoCAD 2d-wireframe mode

Post by luping »

Since you can always achieve the rotation results with your right-hand mouse for the 2D drawing in AutoCAD, and SpaceMouse is designed primarily for 3D navigation, why are you so hellbent on this idea? The intention is to use SME for 2D rotation? You clearly didn't get the gist of the SpaceMouse advertisement and its specification.
dharper-OBE

Re: Rotating model in AutoCAD 2d-wireframe mode

Post by dharper-OBE »

There is a BUG in autocad that I have stopped using the Shift and the Mouse Wheel to orbit on the fly because I have lost far too much work because AutoCAD ( multiple different releases ) crash and just be gone , No warning just POOF its gone.

The earlier version of the 3D connections software use to be allow that to be done, I've been using the space navigator since very early 2000's when a personal version could be purchased for about $50, I guessing around 2001 on Acad 2000 . it still works great, absolutely love the device.