SpaceTraveler sensitivity

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Flyboy

SpaceTraveler sensitivity

Post by Flyboy »

I'm using an older SpaceTraveler with KeyCreator on my laptop, I have a SpaceNavigator on my desktop in the office. Both work, the SN I have no issues with, but the SpaceTraveler is very touchy around center. I have all the speeds set down to minimum which is actually too slow, but I barely touch the device and it's moving. Is there any way to adjust the deadband while keeping the speed reasonable?

I haven't been able to determine what driver I have installed, I set it up awhile ago, but I seem to recall having trouble and trying several different drivers, though that may have been mouse drivers, which I was definitely having trouble with. Looking at the properties for 3DxService.exe it's product version 17.6.5.17089 which doesn't seem to correspond with any driver version number I see on the website. While the latest software is version 10.6.4, I see on the "discontinued products" page the last driver for the ST is 3.7.22, but for OS it only lists "Windows Vista 32bit, Windows Vista 64bit, Windows XP 32bit, Windows XP 64bit", and I'm using Windows 10.
Flyboy

Re: SpaceTraveler sensitivity

Post by Flyboy »

Update, I now see that I'm running version 10.6.5, and the software thinks I have a SpaceNavigator so I guess that's what it is... must've had the names wrong. It's the little one similar to the current SpaceMouse Compact, the one at work is a SpacePilot.