Space Explorer Enterprise and Win7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Truly

Space Explorer Enterprise and Win7

Post by Mike Truly »

I have a Space Explorer Enterprise which works great with Windows7 and MAX2020 (and previous versions of MAX). There are hundreds of apps on this workstation which function perfectly in Windows7 and I don't really plan to perturb the system or my pipeline by upgrading to a newer OS. I installed MAX2021 and it works great in Windows7.

I go to install a new driver for my Space Explorer Enterprise and it wont even begin to install because of the nannyware that says I have to have a newer OS. I really wish you would turn this nannyware OFF so it will at least attempt to install on my OS, Win7.

Looks like I now have an expensive brick on my desk.

Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Truly Media
http://www.trulymedia.com
Mike Truly

Re: Space Explorer Enterprise and Win7

Post by Mike Truly »

I should also note that yesterday, the latest version of MAX was installed on Windows7 and today the latest version of Unreal was installed on Windows7... without complaint.

Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
luping

Post by luping »

It's Microsoft that decided to end the support of Windows 7 according to its product life-cycle management plan.
Mike Truly

Post by Mike Truly »

Yeah... and Autodesk and Epic Games managed to not insert nannyware into their software because they recognized that many customers pipelines might still be using Windows7 regardless of Microsoft's EOL statements.

No one is asking for Windows2000 to be continued to be supported, but Windows7 is a different thing. And in fact, no one is asking 3D Connexxion to jump through hoops to support Windows7... only get rid of the nannyware that deliberately prohibits installation attempts on Windows7.

Thanks.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
luping

Post by luping »

Mike Truly wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:04 am Yeah... and Autodesk and Epic Games managed to not insert nannyware into their software because they recognized that many customers pipelines might still be using Windows7 regardless of Microsoft's EOL statements.

No one is asking for Windows2000 to be continued to be supported, but Windows7 is a different thing. And in fact, no one is asking 3D Connexxion to jump through hoops to support Windows7... only get rid of the nannyware that deliberately prohibits installation attempts on Windows7.

Thanks.
It's planned obsolescence policy, product is built to be phased out, that's how capitalism works in electronics industry, Apple's iPhone is the obvious example.