Possible to Macro a Toggle between Move and Draw?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Guslado

Possible to Macro a Toggle between Move and Draw?

Post by Guslado »

I recently picked up a SpaceMouse Pro to use with ZBrush now that it's supported in this software. I'm working on getting my custom buttons set up to fit my work flow needs and I was wondering is there a way to make one button toggle between the Draw and Move settings? Normally I would hit Q to quickly get activate Draw if I were in Move mode and W to activate Move if I were in Draw mode. I know a radial menu could be created to move between these two settings, but I was wondering if it would be possible to do this without worrying about then mousing over the correct setting inside the radial menu to shift to that mode.
jwick

Re: Possible to Macro a Toggle between Move and Draw?

Post by jwick »

Assuming ZBrush doesn't have a single toggle mode function, I'd look for a way to create a function (macro?) in ZBrush.

If not, then you could use the driver to do something but it is a bit of work.

If they are different Modes in the app, they would each have a separate ButtonBank (you'd see all the button assignments change). Then you could assign Q to a button in one mode and W to the same button in the other mode.

If they are the same mode (as far as ZBrush and the driver are concerned), you could write a script to do it. That's more work. I'd need to help you with that.