No Zoom with SketchUp Layout 2021 Spacemouse Enterprise 10.7.1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

peterbowenpm

No Zoom with SketchUp Layout 2021 Spacemouse Enterprise 10.7.1

Post by peterbowenpm »

My Spacemouse Enterprise is working with fine with the 10.7.1 driver within SketchUp Pro 2021.

I have noticed though that I no longer have the ability to Zoom in and Out using my Spacemouse Enterprise with Layout 2021

This was a feature with all previous versions of SketchUp Pro, Layout and previous driver versions.

Just wanted to see if this is a wide spread issue before I raise a ticket.
aalsalihi

Re: No Zoom with SketchUp Layout 2021 Spacemouse Enterprise 10.7.1

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Peterbowenpm,

Thanks for your post! I've tested the issue on my end and didn't encounter the same problem you mentioned in regards to the Zoom.
Did you check to make sure the axes are enabled within our UI?
- Open 3Dconnexion Home
- Click on Settings
- Make sure its displaying the application on the top of our setting window
- Click on Advanced Setting
- Make sure all axes are enabled

If its still an issue then please send a technical case to generate a log file here https://3dconnexion.com/us/support-request/login/

Regards,
Abdul. A
peterbowenpm

Post by peterbowenpm »

Thanks for the reply Abdul.

So, I have SketchUp and Layout open, with the 3Dconnexion properties open.

I click on SketchUp and on my Spacemouse Enterprise the LCD window displays the SketchUp menus.
Everything works fine.
I then switch to Layout and try to zoom with the Spacemouse Enterprise and nothing happens. The Spacemouse Enterprise LCD display still displays the SketchUP menus, so no new menu for Layout.

If I open the 3Dconnecxion properties window the application displayed is not Layout but the previous application I clicked on. So there is no way to change setting specifically for Layout.

I went back to the 10.7.1 installer to see if I had not checked a separate driver for Layout, but only SketchUp is in the list of applications.

Strangely if I click on say a windows explorer window or use Microsoft Edge before switching back to Layout, with the previous application menus displaying on my Spacemouse Enterprise LCD, I can zoom in Layout. But it does not work with every application, or with switching between SketchUp and Layout.

Regards

Peter
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Peterbowenpm,

Thanks for the updates. I've tested it on my end and saw the same situation in terms of detection.
Our UI is not detecting Layout but other applications which can provide you with the zoom functionality.
I'm running some tests to see if its a configuration issue or something within the driver.
I will reach back with further updates.

Regards,
Abdul. A