CADmouse compact wireless lag and stutter problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Desant

CADmouse compact wireless lag and stutter problems

Post by Desant »

Hello,
I have got a spacemouse and cadmouse compact wireless kit. And since day one mouse when in wireless mode (2.4 GHz or bluetooth) is laggy and stuttery. The problem is intermittent. It will work properly than lag and stutter, than work properly again, this would be in about a 10 minute span. I have heard one of my coworker had similar problems with their cadmouse compact. I have not been able to find anything online regarding this issue.

I have reinstalled the driver and software, everything has the newest version. When pluged in with USB cable, mouse works fine. I need a wireless mouse so this is not something I would like to do for the rest of use time.
I have tried reaching out to 3dconnexion support, but they did not contact me.

Please help
luping

Re: CADmouse compact wireless lag and stutter problems

Post by luping »

Try to find a USB 3.x port and plug the 3Dconnexion USB dongle, make sure there's no interference with other wireless devices nearby.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Desant wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 pm I have tried reaching out to 3dconnexion support, but they did not contact me.
Hi Desant,

that would have been my recommendation - to reach out to contact our Technical Support Team. Did you call them or did you fill our web form? In case you filled the web form - did you use the same email address as you used to register to our forum? Because I didn't find a request for this email address. :( In case you used a different email address please send this to me in a PM.
calroc11@gmail.com

Post by calroc11@gmail.com »

Hi, i am facing a similar issue, was there any resolution to this problem?
nodarchitect

Post by nodarchitect »

Hi, I have the same issue as well, is there any solution? :roll:
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Try moving the receiver dongle to a USB port near where you use the device. If there's a significant level of radio noise, the device will need to retry the transmission until the data packet goes through causing the stuttering.

Sometimes the receiver is connected in the back of a large workstation under a table with a metallic surface, impeding the radio connection.

Some USB ports and devices (notably USB 3.0) can also be source of interference.

Experiment a bit and see if it makes a difference.
Nuno Gomes