Zbrush 2021.5 briefly stops 3DConnexion driver if pen is used

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

santokki

Zbrush 2021.5 briefly stops 3DConnexion driver if pen is used

Post by santokki »

I'm having an issue using my space navigator wireless with Zbrush 2021.5. All drivers are up to date. Here is the issue that I emailed to Pixologic, and their response (they said it is 3DConnexion's task):

Issue:
-------------------------------
If navigating with the 3DConnexion device, if I touch the pen to the tablet, the 3DConnexion device becomes unresponsive until I lift the pen.

If I try to start using the 3DConnexion device while the pen is already touching the tablet, the 3DConnexion device becomes completely unresponsive until I lift the pen and let go of the 3DConnexion device.

Response from Matthew Yetter (Pixologic) <supportstaff@pixologic.com>:
-------------------------------
All support for 3Dconnexion devices actually has to come from them rather than us.

There may be a driver issue that is at play. It may also be a bug on the ZBrush side but that would have to be dealt with via them communicating with us about it to ensure that any changes we make remain compatible with their drivers.

Please reach out to 3Dconnexion directly for this.
jwick

Re: Zbrush 2021.5 briefly stops 3DConnexion driver if pen is used

Post by jwick »

This is a ZBrush implementation limitation. I'll forward your experience to them.

We think it would be more useful if the device was always live. But, I can certainly understand that it might be important for the model to not move while active sculpting is going on.