UP/Down left/right tilting Problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lorne.brown

UP/Down left/right tilting Problem

Post by lorne.brown »

I just got a new spacemouse pro wireless and I'm learning how to use it. But it seems to me the up /down and left/right tilting is not working. Both in solid works, and in the trainer, I am having this problem. In order to check if it was me or the spacemouse, I borrowed a spacemouse from someone in my office and his works great on my computer! For awhile I thought it was just a matter of me learning how to use it, but now I see that it is an issue with the product itself.

Does this mean that I have to return it? Or is it a setting of some sort that I need to adjust.

Thanks,
Lorne B.
jwick

Re: UP/Down left/right tilting Problem

Post by jwick »

It could be either.

It is possible to disable axes in the GUI.
Open our GUI (systray icon->3Dconnexion Properties) while your application is running. Open the Advanced page. All the axes should be enabled.

You can also try the device with one of our demos. These settings are app-specific, so those should be unfiltered.
If that doesn't show the problem, it could be a hardware problem that would require an exchange. Get ahold of our tech support for that.
luping

Re: UP/Down left/right tilting Problem

Post by luping »

lorne.brown wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 am I just got a new spacemouse pro wireless and I'm learning how to use it. But it seems to me the up /down and left/right tilting is not working. Both in solid works, and in the trainer, I am having this problem. In order to check if it was me or the spacemouse, I borrowed a spacemouse from someone in my office and his works great on my computer! For awhile I thought it was just a matter of me learning how to use it, but now I see that it is an issue with the product itself.

Does this mean that I have to return it? Or is it a setting of some sort that I need to adjust.

Thanks,
Lorne B.
Open the 3Dconnexion Viewer application, while the application window is active, hit the MENU button on your SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and call out the configuration panel, click the Advanced Settings, and then switch to Speed tab, check and see if all the axes are ticked and active. See the below screenshot.
SMPW menu.png
SMPW menu.png (151 KiB) Viewed 1749 times