Incredible bad support from 3dconnexion

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

averell

Incredible bad support from 3dconnexion

Post by averell »

Hello all

I have used 3dconnexions products my whole career and now I needed som support since my spacepilot pro stopped working with Solidworks sp1 2021.

I contacted 3dconnexion and said -"I have tried all versions of 3dconnexion drivers but I can make it work with Solidworks sp1 2021"

The answer from them was -"It doesn't work with sketchup"

So I replied I don't have sketchup so they replied -"Try latest driver"

At this point, 4 weeks had gone by I gave up and bought a new 3dconnexion spacemouse enterprise. It works but the trackball is loose so I want to have a new one or repaired. I think its going to take a lot of time and effort.

Do anyone else recognize this type of behavior from 3dconnexion?
luping

Re: Incredible bad support from 3dconnexion

Post by luping »

The Mainstream Support for SpacePilot Pro is ended on 30.09.2019, as stated 'the software is tested and maintained to be compatible with the product until this deadline.'

And for your case, your SpacePilot Pro is in Extended Support mode, it means '3Dconnexion maintains core functionality for the product in new driver releases until this deadline.'

Check out here at:
https://3dconnexion.com/cn/support/faq/ ... d-devices/

So in line with this support policy, the latest 3DxWare still supports SpacePilot Pro in terms of the 3DxWare core component '3DxWinCore,' where you can check it out with 3Dconnexion Viewer, but not the 3Dconnexion plug-in for SOLIDWORKS 2021 SP1.

By the way, as to your claim 'It works but the trackball is loose so I want to have a new one or repaired.' I would suggest you start an RMA process to replace the SpaceMouse Enterprise hardware if possible.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

averell wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 am I have used 3dconnexions products my whole career and now I needed som support since my spacepilot pro stopped working with Solidworks sp1 2021.

I contacted 3dconnexion and said -"I have tried all versions of 3dconnexion drivers but I can make it work with Solidworks sp1 2021"
You can still use the SpacePilot Pro with the very latest drivers. I don't know why it would just stop working like that. Perhaps the "3Dcontrol" (or "3Dconnexion Add-in for SOLIDWORKS") has been inadvertently disabled? Have a look in the "Add-in Manager" panel in the application.

Support for version 2021 of SOLIDWORKS has been available since v. 10.6.9 of 3DxWare 10 (released July 2020).
Do anyone else recognize this type of behavior from 3dconnexion?
I'm sorry if the level of support was sub-par.

This is not how we like to operate, no.
Nuno Gomes
averell

Post by averell »

Ok, so that is different from what I got from supportmail and that's why I bought a new pilot. Hmm

ScreenHunter_1423 Jan. 24 23.10.jpg
ScreenHunter_1423 Jan. 24 23.10.jpg (47.68 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

averell wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 pm Ok, so that is different from what I got from supportmail and that's why I bought a new pilot. Hmm
I don't doubt you got the wrong answer. Again, we're sorry about that.