V1 - V3 button issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Thorsen

V1 - V3 button issues

Post by Thorsen »

Hi, I'm using a space mouse enterprise , latest driver with BenQ PD3200U monitor, Windows 10 Home, Threadripper 3070, and Nividea RTX 4000. Screen resolution 3840 x 2160 and BenQ display driver latest version. When using Spacemouse with Zbrush, the space mouse works with all settings except when I push the V1, V2, or V3 buttons Zbrush minimizes to a smaller screen and changes the resolution. I've tried changing the UI button size but it just makes the resolution even smaller. I don't remember this issue happening before I installed the BenQ drivers but it may have. It reduces the resolution only for Zbrush no other open applications are affected and if I try to match the changed resolution it simply reduces it, even more, when I press those 3 keys. Once it happens Zbrush runs in the new screen resolution and pressing the 3 buttons does not have a continued effect of further reducing the resolution.

thanks
luping

Re: V1 - V3 button issues

Post by luping »

So don't hit these three buttons. By the way, some sales guy suggested to use SpaceMouse Pro or Pro Wireless without these three buttons.
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi Thorsen, I'm sorry to hear about that. The different view buttons definitely shouldn't be doing that!

I noticed you mentioned trying to change the resolution to match. Did you by chance have any sort of text scaling turned on at the same time? Perhaps it's not the resolution setting at work, but Windows text scaling wreaking havoc.

When pressing the V1 - 3 keys, I assume you are first saving a view by pressing and holding one of the buttons, moving the cap on your mouse, and then pressing the button again. Is this correct?

Do you know if the BenQ drivers do anything special? Perhaps they provide different color settings to the screen? That's a nice monitor you have too, 10-bit IPS, Nice :3
Claire
Thorsen

Post by Thorsen »

Yes, I'm holding in the button to capture the view. I purchased Spacemouse because of this feature of saving a specific view to use in Zbrush as a time saver. How do I check if its Windows text scaling? I dont see to many options with the BenQ drivers. I tried changing some of the settings but no difference.
Thorsen

Post by Thorsen »

Hi, I tried the settings for the BenQ but no difference. How do I adjust the windows scaling to check if that's the issue? Im also holding down the V buttons to save the view and thats when the gliche happens. If I reassign the v buttons they work just fine so it has something to do with recording the view.
Thorsen

Post by Thorsen »

What's the procedure to reinstall the software for this device? Do I need to uninstall first or just run the modify option in the download?