Problem with siapp library

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

GrzegorzG

Problem with siapp library

Post by GrzegorzG »

Hello everybody,

My company is developing software for medical usage, which is written in C++ and Qt. As a build system is used CMake.
The target platforms are Windows 10 and MacOS. My teammate has integrated SpaceMouse Enterprise with our application.

Library for device is linked statically, which was declared in our main CMakeLists file:
target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_NAME} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/lib/siapp.lib ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/lib/spwmath.lib)

A month ago, I was trying to deploy application on the computer with Windows 10, where there are no installed drivers for SpaceMouse and there is no plugged-in SpaceMouse device. At the startup of application, the console prints message: "Error: Could not load SiAppDll dll files".

I don't know why dll files are required, although siapp library is statically linked. I have no idea how can be this problem solved.
I was trying to contact with development team several times, using support request forms available on the 3Dconnexion website, but didn't receive any helpful reply so far. So I decided to register on the forum and try to ask my question here.
Maybe somebody of you would be able to help me.

Thank you in advance for your insights and time,
GrzegorzG
jwick

Re: Problem with siapp library

Post by jwick »

The static lib is just a stub to load the DLL which contains the meat of the code. If the customer doesn't have 3DxWare installed, it should quickly return and the app should be on its way without 3D mouse support.