Switching back to defaults on launch Rhino 7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bunjmaster

Switching back to defaults on launch Rhino 7

Post by bunjmaster »

Hi,
I'm running windows 10 with Rhino 7. I have the most updated 3dConnexion SpaceNavigator. When i change my configuration within spacenavigator for Rhino 7, it works, but upon launching a new instance or closing and launching rhino the Spacenavigator behavior defaults again. I tried quitting spacenavigator and starting it again with admin but it has the same behavior. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Rhino is overriding spacenav settings on launch? Rhino bundles with the driver so all the configuration is only accessible within spacenavigator itself.
jwick

Re: Switching back to defaults on launch Rhino 7

Post by jwick »

What settings are you changing?
Rhino does override some things.
bunjmaster

Post by bunjmaster »

It always defaults to Target Camera Mode, but I prefer Camera Mode. I also deselect "use selected Item" for rotation center.
bunjmaster

Post by bunjmaster »

It always defaults to Camera Target mode but I prefer Camera Mode without Targeting the selected object.
OliverF

Post by OliverF »

Im having the same problem.

Updated to rhino7 and now custom button configurations returns to default when closing and reopening rhino.

Oddly the 3dconnections setting configuration still shows customised? i have to 'copy/paste' and re configure for the new rhino session to recognise customized over default.

Rhino 6 worked fine.
Its august now and the problem hasn't been resolved?