Purchase recommendation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

oc703

Purchase recommendation

Post by oc703 »

Hello all, I am so confused on purchasing the Spacemouse wireless kit 2 because I want a full-size CADmouse Pro instead of the compact one. Therefore I am going to buy a spacemouse compact and the MX master 3/2s....

Personally my job will work with 2D and 3D software everyday such as Microstation, Revit, Civil3D and Naviswork.

I would like to ask if the CADmouse is really helpful on drawing CAD or 3D model ? Does it really have a big difference if I use the Spacemouse only without the CADmouse?
luping

Re: Purchase recommendation

Post by luping »

Yes, it it. For your second question, no big difference, but it adds to the total experience.
oc703

Post by oc703 »

Thanks for your reply, I think I need the CADMouse Pro too, but I have got another question that the re-seller replied me they do not have the information about the wired CADMouse Pro so they cannot make the quotation on the wired version and asked me to buy the wireless version... :cry: :cry:

Anyone could help on that? :(
luping

Post by luping »

Maybe the reseller you mentioned doesn't have the CadMouse Pro(wired) stock, or may be the reseller wants to drive up the profit margin by selling you the CadMouse Pro Wireless model. To me, these two models use the same blue dot OMRON D2F-F-K(50M) microswitches.

By the way, where are you located? Buy the wired model from here if you're located in USA:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... e_pro.html
https://www.provantage.com/3dconnexion- ... DCN01Q.htm
oc703

Post by oc703 »

Oh I think that is a great microswitch, I send a request of a quote to 3Dconnexion and see what they replied. Thank you.
luping

Post by luping »

oc703 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:46 am Oh I think that is a great microswitch, I send a request of a quote to 3Dconnexion and see what they replied. Thank you.
Better choices are made in Japan Cherry DG4 T85, DG2 T85, HoneyWell Micro-UX10C, OMRON D2F-F-3-7 microswitches, not the made in China OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M), they have tighter or narrower force tolerance band, and use better materials. The price for a microswitch of the aforementioned models is about two times the cost of a OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) blue dot microswitch.
luping

Post by luping »

Sorry, the Cherry DG2 T85 is made in Germany, not in Japan, the tolerance is not as tight as the models made in Japan, but DG2 T85 uses better material(gold flash, gold for contact). Even though, the models made in Japan are better than that made in Germany, in terms of tactile and auditory in real world testing and use...
TB2UtEmjVXXXXXsXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!878587437.png
TB2UtEmjVXXXXXsXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!878587437.png (31.88 KiB) Viewed 3991 times
oc703

Post by oc703 »

I don’t know much about microswitch but the information is amazing! Thank you! But I know most of the users compliant the China made omron microswitch is not as good as the one made in Japan 8) 8)
luping

Post by luping »

oc703 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:41 pm I don’t know much about microswitch but the information is amazing! Thank you! But I know most of the users compliant the China made omron microswitch is not as good as the one made in Japan 8) 8)
Well, some of the microswitches models are not so durable due to contact flash oxidation/material selection, actually they are designed to fail quickly when the mouse warranty expired, so that you have to buy a new mouse again, and new profit is generated, it's a little ugly industry secret. The recurring profit is the key to understand mouse manufacturing industry.

Mostly probably is that if the microswitch or mouse is made in China, the included labor cost is only a small fraction of the final price, that's how for-profit international capitalism works, labor cost in Germany or Japan is at least 6 times higher than that in China for shopfloor worker. There's some trade-off between the best quality and profitability.
luping

Post by luping »

For real world application, the electrical durability is the key factor for mouse durability, it's usually only less than 5% of the mechanical durability, see the attached screenshot of OMRON D2F microswitch specicification for yourself.

Take the default OMRON D2FC-F-K(50M) microswitche model in CadMouse Pro Wireless and CadMouse Pro(wired) for example, the much touted 50 million clicks are not the actual clicks you will expect the mouse microswitch to last. The double-click issue of left button comes when there's roughly 1 million to 2 million clicks when the electricity is on for mouse.
electrical durability.png
electrical durability.png (180.38 KiB) Viewed 3977 times
oc703

Post by oc703 »

And there is a electrical durability not even heard before :shock: