Button Combinations

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott S

Button Combinations

Post by Scott S »

I have a Spacemouse, and I'd like to use button combinations, particularly to make use of the modifier buttons on the Spacemouse itself (alt, ctrl, shift). For example, there is the existing 'T' button to look at a part with Top view, and 'F' button for Front view. What I'd like to do is be able to press, say, "Alt" to reverse the orientation. So the combination of "Alt" plus the 'T' button would give a bottom view, and "Alt" plus the 'F' button would give the back view.

Anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how to do it?
jwick

Re: Button Combinations

Post by jwick »

Which application do you want to do this with?
There are certain applications where it won't work.
Scott S

Post by Scott S »

Looking to do this with NX and Solidworks.
claireh

Post by claireh »

I know you could program a keyboard shortcut (ex. T) for the top view in your application. Then setup another shortcut for Alt+T. You would then just need to create one macro in our driver to press T and name it something like "Top/Bottom View."

Then, any time you press just the "top view" key on your device, it will send "T" to the application. Holding the "Alt" modifier and "top view" together will get the inverse function.

That said, this would be quite a manual way of going about it. I'll have to double check Solidworks and let everyone know what I find.
Claire
david_j_calabrese

Post by david_j_calabrese »

Just as a note I believe this feature is built into the SpaceMouse Enterprise version (the T, F, R keys can be held down for a second to activate the reverse views, indicated with blue letters on the buttons).