Solidworks Image Capture Macro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Myles

Solidworks Image Capture Macro

Post by Myles »

When assigning button commands in the properties, Solidworks' Image Capture (View > Screen Capture > Image Capture) is not available. This is a different command than Take Snapshot (as confusing as that is...).

I tried to use the macro creator, but have no experience with it, and it did not record anything when I went through the actions.

Can anyone please write a macro for me to copy into the properties to assign it as a command?

Thank you very much!!!
claireh

Re: Solidworks Image Capture Macro

Post by claireh »

HI Myles,

I took a look at Solidworks the other day and found the option you were talking about. Looking in the driver, I was able to find this command inside the button mapping panel. It should be under: SOLIDWORKS > Screen Capture > Image Capture

Typically, when I know the name of the command I'm looking for, I will search for it within the button mapping screen. When you select the small > icon next to the button you want to program, there will be a small search box with a magnifying glass on the right. You're able to type commands into this box, and the list below will automatically update. (See example below)
Screenshot_20210304_065814.png
Screenshot_20210304_065814.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
Claire
Myles

Post by Myles »

Well that's weird. My button mapping menu doesn't show that option. However, thank you for checking. I will have to talk to support about updating the 3Dconnxion software.

I also figured out a slightly less satisfactory workaround for any command, in case anyone is interested:

In Solidworks, Tools > Customize > Keyboard (tab at the top of the window) will let you assign a custom keyboard shortcut, which can then also be put into the button manager or a radial menu. However, the 3Dconnexion menu will only show the command (for example, "Ctrl + B") instead of the rebuild icon.
LittleSoaringEagle

Post by LittleSoaringEagle »

I have a similar question concerning using the Solidworks Image Capture button.

I am trying to create a Macro that utilizes this same "Solidworks Image Capture" button located under the View > Screen Capture > Image Capture.

I need to output this image capture as a *.png or other types of image formats. *.png is the preferred format.

My question is: What would the construct to output the "Solidworks Image Capture" button result inside of a Macro created in Solidworks Macro creator editor look like?

I hope that I am asking this correctly. I have a series of Steps recorded in my Macro and at the end of each step it has to output the "Solidworks Image Capture" button's result as a *.png. I am unsure of how to construct this output. Any help?

The only alternative to this would be a construct to Pause the Macro after each step and allow you to perform the "Solidworks Image Capture", which may be more advantages as you will be able to not only perform the "Solidworks Image Capture", you could also adjust the image if needed. an example would be if you were processing an Exploded view and some part was obscuring another part for example. You would not want to output this image with parts that were not clearly shown.

Anyway, anyone know anything about what I am trying to do?